520 8th Avenue, 10th Floor
Position: Director of Institutional Giving
Job Type: Full Time
Location: National Office or Remote
At PowerMyLearning, we believe that students are most successful when supported by a triangle of strong learning relationships between students, teachers, and families. We partner with schools and districts nationwide to transform teaching and family engagement through innovative coaching and workshops, and through our award-winning digital platform, PowerMyLearning Connect. As a non-profit, PowerMyLearning is especially committed to students from low-income communities, students with learning differences, and English Language Learners. Learn more by visiting powermylearning.org.
PowerMyLearning is a 20-year-old non-profit with a terrific reputation and strong financials. The organization has received support from many of the best-known foundations and has a strong history of generating earned revenue from schools and districts.
PowerMyLearning is looking for an exceptional Director of Institutional Giving to join our national Development, Marketing, and Communications team. At the national level, the Director of Institutional Giving will successfully manage all institutional giving (government, foundation, and corporation). At the regional level, the Director of Institutional Giving will provide grant proposal and report writing support for institutional giving. He/she will be instrumental in growing PowerMyLearning’s general and project revenue from institutional donors.
The Director of Institutional Giving will report to the Managing Director of External Relations.
Grant Writing & Reporting
- Conceptualize and write compelling proposals for institutional funders, working closely with the CEO and President for large, complex proposals
- Ensure all application materials (e.g. narrative and attachments) are of the highest quality and all deadlines are met
- Generate accurate and timely responses for all due diligence requests and/or grant reports during and after the grant agreement
- Develop and update proposal templates by coordinating with the Products and Programs team to obtain program information, anecdotal and statistical data, and internal and external research; ensure templates are stored in easy-to-find and accessible locations
- Project‐manage complex national proposals and reports, coordinating efforts by the CEO, President, regional leadership, and members of the Product and Program team and Finance team
- Provide effective support of regional grant work, including writing proposals and reports and serving as the liaison for the four regions when they require grant materials from the Finance team
- Manage and maintain org-wide calendar of proposal and report deadlines and ensure timely submission to funders
- Ensure that the work for project grants have an owner so that deliverables and milestones are tracked
Other Development Activities
- Identify and research new institutional prospects to help maintain a viable pipeline of opportunities at the national levels
- Drive the process of getting grant contracts reviewed and executed
- Maintain accurate and updated information in PowerMyLearning’s fundraising database (Salesforce)
- Complete other assignments and special projects as needed
REQUIRED CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS
- Passion for PowerMyLearning’s mission
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of demonstrated experience and success in writing proposals, reports or related activities
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Exceptional writing skills and detail orientation
- Strong communication, interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Strong ability to prioritize and manage up
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to rapid change
- Proven skills managing multiple details
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with minimal oversight
- Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) databases
- Fundraising experience in education-related organizations
- Proficiency in Salesforce
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience. PowerMyLearning also offers medical, dental, and vision insurance with an employee contribution.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates can apply by visiting https://powermylearning.applicantpro.com/jobs/. You will need to submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter (outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, salary expectations, and how you heard about this opportunity). Applicants MUST submit a cover letter to be considered for this position.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
PowerMyLearning is an equal opportunity employer. PowerMyLearning strives to practice and champion inclusiveness in our communities, and we aim to honor the diverse strengths, needs, voices, and backgrounds of all members of our communities. Candidates from traditionally marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.