333 East 47th Street
The Corporate Relations Officer works as part of the Development Department’s Corporate Giving team to maintain and expand the corporate membership program. The Officer will also market and obtain corporate sponsorships for program initiatives and special events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Work with the Director of Corporate Giving to develop strategies for recruitment and retention of corporate members and program sponsors;
· Arrange and participate in regular cultivation visits with existing and potential donors;
· Identify and research new prospects;
· Prepare correspondence, reports, proposals, marketing and benefits materials for corporate memberships and corporate sponsorships;
· Cultivate corporate members to provide additional support by holding events at Japan Society’s landmark building, and providing corporate sponsorship of the Society’s cultural, educational, and policy programming;
· Work with the Corporate Giving team to process and send out monthly renewal, upgrades, and solicitation materials to all corporate members along with follow-up;
· Respond to requests for information via phone, email, and mail;
· Steward donors and fulfill benefit requirements and requests;
· Work closely with Development team to obtain corporate support and attendance at Japan Society’s annual dinner.
· BA/BS and a minimum of three to five years related corporate sales, fundraising and/or business experience;
· Front-line corporate and/or fundraising experience required. Corporate fundraising and sales experience preferred;
· Must possess excellent interpersonal skills with strong ability to network, build external relationships, and cultivate supporters;
· Excellent organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to handle multiple priorities required;
· Knowledge of Japanese culture and Japanese language is desirable.
Founded in 1907, Japan Society in New York City presents sophisticated, topical and accessible experiences of Japanese art and culture, and facilitates the exchange of ideas, knowledge and innovation between the U.S. and Japan. More than 200 events annually encompass world-class exhibitions, dynamic classical and cutting-edge contemporary performing arts, film premieres and retrospectives, workshops and demonstrations, tastings, family activities, language classes, and a range of high-profile talks and expert panels that present open, critical dialogue on issues of vital importance to the U.S., Japan and East Asia. For more information, visit our website http://www.japansociety.org.
Japan Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and welcomes a diverse workforce.
Level of Language Proficiency
- English- Highly proficient
- Japanese- Desirable
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to the Director of Human Resources at email@example.com.