Assistant Director of School Programs - School Management
- Job posted by Success Academy Charter Schools
95 Pine Street
As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. We now need a results-driven Assistant Director of School Programs to join our School Management Office.
School Management Office
Situated within Schooling Management & Technology, our School Management Office (SMO) leads on key strategic functions that are critical to the day-to-day management of our schools. The team’s representative work includes performing data analytics and reporting on school performance, creating the annual academic calendar, distributing report cards and progress reports to families, managing the annual re-enrollment process for students, and identifying and placing our new school leaders.
The SMO has five primary areas of focus:
1. School Management Planning;
2. School Management Process Support;
3. School Communications;
4. Data & Analytics Management; and
5. Scholar Support Management.
Assistant Director of School Programs
The Assistant Director of School Programs will help design, implement, and oversee key processes within our School Management Office.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Establishing the scope and sequence of year-round schooling deliverables to support the organized and holistic operation of our schools;
- Identifying and implementing process improvements to systematically simplify and streamline the way we communicate deliverables to school-based teams from the network level;
- Using scalable, data-driven processes and systems to track the progress of schooling deliverables, and providing appropriate supports and guidance when needed;
- Building out our School Management Office Library to improve the institutionalization of school management processes, guidelines, and templates; and
- Driving existing projects and goals for the School Management Office, including: codification of Success Academies’ school design, formalization of its policies, improving talent management processes with HR, and additional needs as they arise.
The Assistant Director of School Programs should be someone who:
- Is passionate about education reform;
- Has a demonstrated ability to successfully manage and drive forward complex projects;
- Exhibits critical thinking and analytical skills;
- Effectively interacts with a broad base of constituents at varying levels -- including both oral and written communication;
- Pays attention to the details;
- Demonstrates initiative and perseverance to achieve desired outcomes; and
- Is an eager and quick learner who seeks out constructive feedback, and is excited to continuously develop professionally to achieve his or her potential.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.