4501 Ford Ave
Mil Mujeres, a non-profit legal services organization dedicated to providing comprehensive immigration legal services to Spanish-speaking survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault, is searching for a Paralegal / Community Outreach Coordinator to assist in our Immigrant Rights Campaign.
- We will consider recent graduates.
- Candidates should possess strong written and oral communications skills, including public speaking, as well as strong research abilities.
- Spanish fluency required.
Activities: Under the supervision of our staff, interns assist our team by giving "Know Your Rights" presentations and conducting brief client intakes, communicating with our clients about their legal case; presenting cases to our legal team for review; drafting and preparing legal documents under the supervision of our attorneys and accredited representatives, taking declarations and assisting the team with legal research. The position requires strong bilingual communication, legal research and writing skills.
- Giving "Know Your Rights" presentations and conducting brief client intakes.
- Interviewing and assisting victims under attorney supervision, and drafting written work products.
- Mastering substantive areas of immigration law as it applies to helping domestic and sexual assault survivors.
- Enthusiastically working with immigrant populations.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter identifying "DC Paralegal - Community Outreach Coordinator" in the subject line of your email. Only candidates with Spanish fluency will be considered. No phone call, please.