An outspoken funder of innovative and community-led programs, the Elton John AIDS Foundation (EJAF) has played a significant role in the fight against the epidemic for more than twenty-five years. The Administrative Assistant will join EJAF’s New York-based staff at an exciting moment of strategic growth, in anticipation of deepened collaboration with the organization’s London-based staff as well as the global pursuit of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
In collaboration with other New York-based staff, the Administrative Assistant will:
- Support the Executive Director in a range of administrative duties—including but not limited to the management of appointments, correspondence, travel, and related tasks;
- Interface on behalf of the Executive Director with the various consultants who support the grantmaking, fundraising and communications efforts;
- Oversee office management including systems and protocols, supplies, housekeeping service;
- With the Financial Administrator, prepare materials for the annual financial audit and IRS filing;
- Review weekly income-expense reports, including financial projections, for accuracy;
- Assist with the preparation of fundraising initiatives, communication with donors, prospect outreach, and the promotion and production of fundraising events with oversight by the Executive Director and in collaboration with the Fundraising Associate;
- Support the ED in the coordination of communications initiatives with a team of consultants;
- Review and approve invoices on an ongoing basis;
- Receive general inquiries via phone and email, and respond accordingly.
The ideal candidate is:
- Based in New York City and possesses a minimum of four years of experience working in support of executive staff in a fast-paced, nonprofit environment;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Outlook; knowledge of DonorPerfect or Sage is a plus;
- A proficient writer possessing the ability to variously engage colleagues, donors, consultants, and vendors;
- Personable, motivated, and an excellent communicator who is responsive to deadlines and willing to troubleshoot on the fly;
- Familiar with the concerns of EJAF’s mission, especially HIV/AIDS care, harm reduction, and social-justice issues.
This is a full-time position based out of EJAF’s offices in Manhattan for which a commitment of forty hours per week is required. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Salary is commensurate with experience. Compensation includes a generous benefits package. EJAF is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants receive consideration without regard to race, age, ethnicity, religion, gender, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by law. For more information, visit: www.ejaf.org. No calls, please.
Minimum Education Required