All Saints Episcopal Day School, a co-ed Nursery - Grade 8 school in Hoboken, NJ, seeks a full-time Director of Advancement, effective November 2021. Responsibilities include all programs and events relating to fundraising (annual fund, auction gala, special events, etc.), alumni affairs, public relations, marketing and communications. The Director of Advancement reports to the Head of School, works closely with the Admission and Business offices and serves on appropriate Board of Trustees committees.
● Work with the Head of School and the Board of Trustees to determine the funding required to meet current and future institutional needs, providing direct support to the Head of School and the Board of Trustees in all fundraising initiatives.
● Direct all fundraising programs to support school operations and growth, including annual giving, ongoing major and capital gift programs, planned giving, and any other efforts as needed.
● Manage the development office database and maintain accurate donor and fundraising records; oversee and manage the development office budget.
● Create and publish all development office collateral, including Annual Fund brochures, an Annual Report, emerging Capital Campaign materials, and special event invitations and flyers.
● Organize special events that strengthen the sense of community and pride in the school, including donor recognition events, special celebrations, the annual school auction, and others.
● Build a program of ongoing cultivation of foundations, corporations, and other local organizations, increasing awareness of ASEDS and its programs, and create a philanthropic climate for additional support of the school.
● Assist the Head of School and Trustees in the recruitment and training of members of the Board; serve as an active member of the Development Committee, Annual Fund Committee, Auction Committee and future Capital Campaign Committee
● Five years of successful development experience, preferably in a school setting
● Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines
● Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
● Must possess exceptionally strong writing, speaking and interpersonal skills
● Computer skills essential; familiarity with fundraising software a plus
● Bachelor’s degree required; must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to:
All Saints Episcopal Day School, a co-ed Nursery - Grade 8 school in Hoboken, NJ, seeks a full-time Director of Advancement, effective November 2021. Responsibilities include all programs and events relating to fundraising (annual fund…