130 West Paces Ferry Road N.W.
The Atlanta History Center is looking for a highly motivated and results oriented professional to fill the role within the organization of Gift Services Coordinator.
Responsible for entering all gift and pledge information into the Raiser’s Edge database, prepare and mail all gift acknowledgments, and assist in updating and maintaining constituent information. Assist with other gift management tasks including the generation of pledge reminders, weekly gift reporting, and development event registration.
- Accurately enter all pledge and gift information into the Raiser’s Edge database, run reports in Patron Edge to retrieve transfers and gifts made on line and accurately enter gift information in Raiser’s Edge.
- Prepare and mail all acknowledgement packages, including honor/memorial gift acknowledgements, within 72 hours of gift receipt. For membership gifts, this will involve the use of Galaxy ticketing software.
- Accurately record other constituent information into the database, including but not limited to change of addresses, relationship connections, death notices and constituent preferences.
- Accurately complete and submit corporate matching gift forms and maintain accurate information regarding matching gift companies in the database. Notify donor when a matching gift has been received from their corporation.
- Manage gift pledges (generate monthly pledge reminders; coordinate write-offs annually with the Vice President of Development and business office staff.)
- Provide a comprehensive weekly gift report on Fridays.
Gift entry and gift acknowledgements for the following:
- All membership gifts inclusive of Insiders contributions ($500+) and generate applicable membership packages using Galaxy ticketing software.
- All other contribution types including capital, programmatic, tributes/memorial, endowment, stock gifts, online gifts and in-kind gifts. The Gift Services Coordinator will also provide direct support to the Cherokee Garden Library with gift receipt, gift entry and gift acknowledgement.
- Follow all gift entry protocol and requirements determined by the Atlanta History Center development, membership and business offices.
- Scan any correspondence received with gifts and add to the constituent record media in Raisers Edge. Provide a hard copy of these correspondences to the Vice President of Development at time of gift receipt; hard file all originals.
- Manage timely donor hard file maintenance.
Development event gift management:
- Enter registrations (track participation type for correct program listing, payment status, placeholders for guests, escort card text, registration fee, RSVP, seating requests).
- Link registrations to gifts, ensuring appropriate receipt amount (tax deductible amount) is entered on gift.
- Track confirmed regrets or acceptances, and edit receipt amount on gift when applicable
- Continually monitor and reconcile registration numbers to gifts received as well as to verbal commitments received
- Respond to donor and member inquiries as requested.
- Update proposal record information (amount asked, date asked, status, etc.) on request
- Add media for proposals submitted and award letters received
- Merge duplicate records
- Handle deceased updates
- Update/edit constituent information as needed (name, address, phone, add/sales)
- Assist Senior Manager of Member Services with data clean-up projects when necessary
- Experience with Microsoft Office (specifically Excel and Microsoft Word) required.
- Minimum two years’ experience working with Raisers Edge required; knowledge of Galaxy ticketing software desirable.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in data entry and donor record maintenance required.
- Demonstrate strict confidentiality regarding donor information.
- Ability to successfully multi-task.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal amount of supervision.
Background Check Requirements
- Satisfactory criminal background check required.
- Satisfactory financial background check required.
Minimum Education Required