1991 2nd Avenue
DREAM Charter School, a rigorous, Pre-K – 10th grade public charter school in East Harlem, is seeking a dynamic Executive Assistant to support the Managing Director of School and DREAM Principals. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented self-starter with at least a year of administrative experience, and a passion for closing the achievement gap. DREAM Charter School's mission is to prepare students for high-performing high schools, colleges and beyond through a rigorous academic program that develops critical thinkers who demonstrate a love of learning, strong character, and a commitment to wellness and active citizenship.
Like all DREAM employees, the Executive Assistant should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM. Come join an organization that was recently recognized as one of the “50 Best Non-Profits to Work For” in the United States by The Nonprofit Times.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide high-level operational and administrative support to DREAM’s Managing Director of Schools and corresponding school leadership, including principals;
- Responsible for meticulous calendar management, including planning meetings, coordinating reoccurring check-ins, updating attendees and communicating across multiple organizations to schedule events for the Head of School and principals;
- Complete invoicing, expense reports, reimbursements, and travel arrangements for individuals and groups;
- Responsible for managing relationships with the Board of Directors, including developing, revising and proofreading materials for board meetings, preparing for meetings, tracking project timelines, scheduling calls and overseeing communication and outreach;
- Provide excellent customer service by representing Head of School to external partners and visitors with a high level of attention, including handling visitor requests and questions, leading school tours and communicating and tracking necessary follow-up;
- Create and edit detailed internal and external correspondence for multiple school stakeholders;
- Capable of handling internal communication and prioritization, including managing and filtering Head of School’s e-mail and messaging, flagging and managing action items and tasks and holding key players accountable to priorities;
- Provide Head of School with appropriate preparation before meetings and check-ins, including creating agendas, providing reminders about content and action items and tracking follow-up items;
- Build meaningful and trusting relationships with staff, scholars and families to facilitate positive scholar outcomes and contribute to a high-performing school culture;
- Lead additional projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required;
- At least 1-2 years of relevant experience in administrative work;
- Experience in charter school highly preferred;
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with a positive attitude;
- A strong work ethic, supported by commitment and follow-through;
- Ability to manage multiple projects while working in a fast-paced environment;
- Organized, pro-active and detail-oriented with superior time management and troubleshooting skills;
- Passionate about closing the achievement gap and the power of education;
- Spanish speaking preferred;
- Demonstrated skill in Microsoft Office Suite.
Salary is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 403(B) retirement account, life insurance, twenty days paid vacation per year and access to a full range of social services through our Employee Assistance Program.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter.
To learn more about working for DREAM Charter School and our workplace culture, clickhere.
DREAM Charter School provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.
Minimum Education Required