Vice President of Case Management and Poverty Alleviation Initiatives
2900 Louisiana Street
Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston are seeking a highly qualified Vice President of Case Management and Poverty Alleviation Initiatives.
The Vise President of Case Management and Poverty Alleviation Initiatives is responsible for the leadership, programmatic and fiscal oversight for a large range of programs that strengthen families and alleviate poverty. The Vice President ensures the mission-focused development of all departmental programs through strategic planning and impact outcomes geared toward self-sufficiency achievement and poverty alleviation. This position works closely with the Senior Vice President of Programs day-to-day oversight of programmatic operational functioning including: fundraising, collaborations and partnership development, grant writing, and the timely and accurate submission of reports and reimbursement requests. Additionally, this position will work to support a positive client-centric environment with strong staff engagement at multiple locations. Serves as a member of the senior management team.
- Sets vision, leadership and quality performance standards for the Case Management and Poverty Alleviation Initiatives department.
- Works with Directors to develop strategies and budgetary planning for meeting client needs, programmatic and funding goals and “Bridges to Hope” model.
- Forms relationships with state, federal, faith-based and non-profit organizations for community welfare. Maintains strong relationships and routinely identifies new opportunities for collaboration and partnerships.
- Supervises and develops staff, build committed, dedicated, quality teams of employees at assigned program locations.
- Directs, organizes, and coordinates the functions of the department. Works closely with Sr. VP of Programs and other departments on area of data collection, program quality, innovation and new program initiatives.
- Develops and ensures implementation of policies and procedures for departmental functioning.
- Responsible for development of programmatic standards, and ensuring compliance with contract objectives, funder standards and reimbursement criteria.
- Oversees timely and accurate completion of internal and external reports, quality activity reporting and accreditation standard submission and compliance.
- Communicates as a regular senior team member and works closely with all other agency departments.
- Works with Fund Development team and program administration to develop fundraising strategies, grant proposals, and marketing and external communication strategy.
- Works with accounting to achieve budget compliance and maximize reimbursements.
- Works with Human Resources to develop staff development and cultural initiatives.
- And, performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree and licensure in social work, public administration or related human services field.
MINIMUM SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a leadership position.
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards, an appropriate professional image and a lead-by-example style that promotes a positive, team-based environment
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with diverse populations in collaborative situations.
- Able to develop and strategically implement new program initiatives.
- Able to cultivate strong mission focused teams
- Must have reliable transportation, valid Texas driver’s license and valid vehicle insurance
- Position requires frequent driving in personal vehicle and/or Agency vehicle to include freeways and highways to satellite offices, and offsite meetings and events, throughout the three counties served by Catholic Charities Disaster Recovery.
- Must be able to work on a flexible schedule as needed to meet work, program and project deadlines.
Minimum Education Required