Details: DOE + Full benefits
832 Folsom Street
One in 25 children in San Francisco’s schools are experiencing homelessness. Are you passionate about advancing innovative solutions that will end family homelessness in the SF Bay Area?
If so, we could use your talents as Intake and Housing Navigation Assistant Director at Hamilton Families!
Hamilton Families (HF) is dedicated to ending family homelessness in the San Francisco Bay Area by 2020. HF’s rapid re-housing program helps families find and move into market-rate housing in the Bay Area. We do this through housing search assistance, move-in financial assistance, a medium-term rental subsidy, and home-based case management to help families move toward self-sufficiency. Working collaboratively with the City, the San Francisco Unified School District, and key private partners, Hamilton is scaling up this program to assist 800 families with children in the school district and develop an innovate and scalable model that can influence the local and national social services landscape.
As the Intake and Housing Navigation Assistant Director for the Heading Home Initiative you will support a team that helps families move into permanent market-rate housing. Use your skills as an organized strategic thinker, coach, and leader to build an innovative rapid rehousing program that helps families achieve long-term stability.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Be a Strategist: In a growing organization, lead the development of new scalable infrastructure and policies to help our team thrive. This includes planning for hiring, onboarding, and training. There are lots of competing priorities, so knowing how and when to approach a problem is key!
- Be a Technical Expert: Help staff figure out clear policies and procedures to advance their workflow. Provide technical support and coaching to help leaders on the team maximize their impact. Don’t be afraid to get in the weeds – the best advice comes from those who know the process deeply.
- Be a Leader: Set an example of kind and motivational leadership that delivers serious results. Know how to communicate with a diverse staff to motivate and implement success. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must!
- Be a Data Nerd: Love Salesforce? Want to quantify our impact? This is a place to experiment with new solutions and measure the success.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- We value people who can delicately balance big picture and aggressive goals with detail-oriented implementation. In an ever-changing campaign environment, it’s key for a leader to prioritize multiple deadlines, immediate growing pains, and long-term vision.
- You should have at least three years of experience in a supervisory position with a track record of hiring, onboarding, and retaining staff. Comfort with a culture of feedback is a must!
- You should have a BA from an accredited college or university (social work, psychology, or related field preferred).
- You need a valid CA driver’s license and must be willing to travel throughout the Bay Area.
- You should be excited about working on diverse teams and collaborating with colleagues and participants from many different backgrounds.
- Even better if you have experience working with extremely low-income families, youth, survivors of domestic violence, populations impacted by substance abuse, mental illness, and HIV/AIDS, and/or other diverse communities. Knowledge of community resources for families with very low incomes in the Bay Area and/or housing law is a big plus!
Great benefits: Hamilton Families (HF) offers excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, plus tax-advantaged Flexible Spending Arrangements for Health Care and Dependent Care. Employees also have the chance to earn up to $180 per calendar year for participating in various wellness activities and can participate in partnership discounts with various YMCA and 24 Hour Fitness locations. Additionally, HF offers tax-deductible commuter benefits that can be applied to public transit, parking, and ride sharing services like Lyft Line and Uber pool.
Growth and leadership opportunities: The work at HF is designed for individuals to follow their passions and commitment to community. HF takes professional development seriously and offers coaching and training opportunities at every level. We also offer a $1,000 tuition reimbursement to employees each year (after 12 months of employment) and offer dozens of internal and external trainings for staff at every level annually.
Time off: HF employees enjoy generous benefits including 11 paid holidays, 3 weeks of vacation and 2 weeks of sick time per year.
Long-term benefits: HF offers an employer-matched 403(b) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, and other great long term benefits!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
- To submit an application, please click the link above to visit our ADP Career Center.
- Please attach resume and letter of interest.
- No faxes or phone calls.
- Hamilton Families is an Equal Opportunity Employer.