Job Developer/Career Coach
The Job Developer / Career Coach will assist the Program Manager in the delivery of career development services to program participants in the Seedco/Bon Secours – Train To Work program. The Job Developer/Career Coach will be responsible for implementing effective career development, career readiness and professional strategies to help prepare participants to enter into training related employment, retain employment and achieve career advancement. The Job Developer/Career Coach will also be responsible for establishing employer relationships, leading an employer network, performing career development related tasks and working with participants to eliminate barriers to training and employment retention.
- Contact employers who have open positions and match qualified program participants.
- Analyze current trends in hiring practices, soft skills training and develop presentations for stakeholder meetings.
- Develop and maintain employer relationships that can be incorporated into a job bank.
- Develop and maintain all Seedco/Bon Secours branded career development tools and presentations.
- Actively recruit employers in the following local industries: Advanced Manufacturing, Healthcare, Construction, Transportation/Logistics and Hospitality.
- Develop and Coordinate training opportunities for program participants.
- Provide career coaching including: job search strategies, training/certification options and career mapping to all program participants.
- Provide coaching and case management to address training and employment retention barriers. This includes assessing participant needs and linking participants to supportive services such as (but not limited to) housing, transportation, public and private benefits, health coverage, mental health and substance abuse treatment.
- Enter all program participant and job related data into an electronic record/data base on a prescribed scheduled.
Level of Language Proficiency
- One or more of the following: Bachelor’s degree, related work experience, industry certifications or established relationships in one of the following sectors; Construction, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Transportation/Logistics or Hospitality.
- 3-5 years of employment counseling, recruiting, human resources or training experience and/or at least 2-4 years of relevant experience in the field of workforce development, staffing, sales, marketing or relevant non –profit experience required.
- Experience and knowledge in coaching and case management.
- Strong computer/database skills.
- Ability to perform outreach, networking and market candidates and the program.
- Knowledge of the demand-driven approach to employment services, job development strategies and labor market trends in a range of occupational fields.
- Knowledge of case management protocols.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to conduct research and analyze data
- Knowledge of career planning techniques.
- Ability to provide job readiness and career advancement coaching.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with strong attention to detail and follow up.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to assess and address barriers to achievement.
- Ability to encourage, mentor and teach others.
This position is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous demands physical demands or dangerous conditions. Position may require some evening and weekend hours.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Minimum Education Required