Founding Middle School Principal - Danbury, CT (Flexible Start)
- Job posted by Brooklyn Prospect Charter School
Details: Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience
30 Main Street
Prospect Schools is seeking an experienced Middle School educator to join our team!
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to lead and grow Prospect Schools’ already highly successful programs. Our network of schools is replicating with a move into Connecticut and will open with 100 6th grade students in the 2019 -20 academic year, and will grow one grade per year with 100 new students arriving in 6th grade in subsequent years. Founded and supported by city’s most prominent citizens and elected leadership, Danbury Prospect will be the first charter school in Danbury, and the Founding Principal will be a highly influential and visible civic leader.
The middle school principal (“Principal”) is the instructional leader of the Danbury Prospect Charter Middle School. Working under the direction of the Director of Academics, the Principal is responsible for implementing the existing cultural and instructional visions of the middle school.
The Principal oversees the day-to-day activities of the educational program and is the first point of contact for teachers and parents. The Principal, in consultation with the Director of Academics, is responsible for the hiring, training and evaluation of middle school faculty.
Serving kindergarten through twelfth grade in New York City, Prospect Schools pairs students with excellent teachers in a college preparatory environment using the International Baccalaureate program. We prepare students to become global citizens and help them to develop the love of learning that provides the foundation for lifelong personal and academic success.
Prospect Schools is committed to:
- Teaching the skills and habits of mind necessary for success in the global community
- Recruiting, training and retaining excellent teachers
- Reflecting the diversity of Danbury’s neighborhoods
As part of the Prospect Schools Team, you will enjoy a full time position in a supportive and collaborative environment; medical, dental and vision benefits; plus a 401k plan with employer contribution. We are a growing organization and opportunities for development and success are readily available.
As Principal, you will be fully dedicated to the mission of Prospect Schools, and committed to keeping the academic and personal success of our students as a core focus.
Primary Job Functions
- Leading the programmatic growth and expansion of the middle school
- Overseeing, training and evaluating the middle school teachers, teaching residents, and the middle school administrative team
- Evaluate teaching across the middle school to ensure highest quality teaching takes place every day
- Ensure unit and lesson plans are revised on a regular basis to be aligned with the school's mission and core values, and a college-ready bar
- Collaborate with school instructional leaders and educators to routinely assess and improve their instruction and culture
- Designing and implementing an effective and ongoing professional development program
- Fostering a collaborative professional environment in which faculty members are treated with the highest levels of professional respect
- Building a school culture in which faculty are empowered in school wide decision making in the areas of their professional expertise
- Serving on cross-divisional school leadership team
- Serving as one of the primary contacts for parents and families of Danbury Prospect Charter School students
Operations and Accountability:
- Ensure a culture across the middle school that is driven by collecting, reviewing, and responding to student achievement data
- Lead the middle school toward best practices to ensure we meet and exceed accountability goals
- Provide regular academic achievement updates to the school leadership team and to the network
- Ensure timely reporting and compliance to Connecticut State Department of Education and other accountability organization as required by CT law
- Supervise the school operations team
- Must be closely aligned with Prospect Schools mission
- Significant teaching experience in the middle school level
- Previous administrative experience
- Must enjoy working with very talented and dedicated colleagues
- Collaborative spirit and skill
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic environment
- A minimum of a bachelor’s; master’s highly preferred
- Commensurate with experience
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Pre-tax commuter benefits, health and dependant care spending accounts
- 401(k) with employer match
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Join our Team:
Please submit your resume and cover letter, including how you learned about the position, and the position for which you are applying via our website here.
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we will only notify those who meet our selection criteria.
Prospect Schools is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates of diverse backgrounds.