2401 Liberty Heights Avenue
Baltimore Corps enlists talent to accelerate social innovation in Baltimore and advance a citywide agenda for equity and racial justice. By matching talent to opportunity, Baltimore Corps works to empower the social entrepreneurs, community leaders, and public sector innovators tackling some of the city’s most pressing challenges and building a stronger Baltimore every day. Baltimore Corps is a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment that values initiative, hard work, and a teachable nature. We are building a team that shares the company’s values, work ethic, and vision for the future.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Associate will assist and provide support with all phases of executing a comprehensive Development strategy. The Development team’s goal is to ensure the long-term sustainability of Baltimore Corps.
This position requires a highly organized and motivated individual who excels at written communications, project management, and task execution. This ideal candidate will derive satisfaction from working in a highly collaborative environment, while devoting significant time to independent efforts. This is an exciting and demanding position and the successful candidate will understand the importance of effectively securing the necessary resources required to fuel this growing mission driven organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Grants Administration and Compliance (25%)
· Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
· Coordinate productions and mailing of monthly communications with donors
· Collaborate with all internal departments to gather, manage and prepare data as necessary to support development efforts, including drafting proposals and donor reports.
· Create fundraising reports and other database reports as needed for organizational leadership and Board of Directors as needed
· Manage donor database and infrastructure to effectively monitor donations, which include data entry, acknowledgements, queries, report building, and assessing donor trends and analytics
· Execute on donor stewardship strategy, including donor acknowledgement, managing donor data, planning donor events and monitoring compliance activities.
· Continually update and correct database records.
Fundraising Project Management (50%)
· Work with development team to implement development and strategic growth plan such as major development events, development plan milestones etc.
· Assist Director of Development and CEO to prepare for development meetings and events, including preparing relevant materials and meeting logistics
· Support Director of Development with follow up on development meetings and activities
· Provide ongoing status and benchmark reports as well as end-of-year reconciliation and evaluation of data, strategies, and systems
· Manage development calendar on behalf of Director of Development
Event Planning (25%)
· Manage and organize special events designed to cultivate and engage Baltimore Corps’ community of supporters including donors
· Lead project management for events specifically designed to engage donors
To note: in the first year this position will spend up to 50% of their time towards event planning
Perform all other duties as assigned.
· Exceptional oral and written communication skills
· Demonstrated track record of successful project management
· Strong attention to detail
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
· Ability to set and meet ambitious milestones
· Strong interpersonal skills — ability to interact well and support colleagues and partners
· Capacity to work extended hours during peak season
· Significant experience organizing and managing high-end special events from beginning to end, for the purpose of fundraising
· Comfort with technology and web-based database platforms, Salesforce experience is a plus
Timeline and Compensation
The Development Associate is a salaried position, with health and dental benefits. In addition to health and dental, Baltimore Corps is proud to offer additional benefits for our employees including, but not limited to, generous vacation time, wellness policies, volunteer opportunities, and flexible work hours. The range for this position is $45-50,000. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with qualification and experience. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Baltimore Corps seeks to fill this position immediately, with an expectation of no later than the end of Summer 2018.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required