Part Time Temporary
Details: No more than 30 hours per week. $14.50/hr
District of Columbia
Our Part-time Summer Event Assistants represent the face of the Golden Triangle Business Improvement District during the neighborhood’s five-month outdoor activation season. Ideal candidates will be enthusiastic about welcoming participants to our more than 100 outdoor events and enjoy working in an active, vibrant downtown environment in the heart DC’s central business district. Key functions of the job include: set-up and breakdown of event equipment; greeting and welcoming participants; managing information/registration tables and a trivia prize wheel; answering questions about the organization and its events/initiatives; and creating a fun and impactful experience for event participants. Successful candidates will need to enjoy the outdoors, as they will spend several hours a day working in varying summer weather conditions, often standing and interacting with stakeholders. Candidates will be expected to work part-time, which may include either day or evening shifts, or split shifts, as needed. A commitment of May through September is required, although we may consider well-qualified applicants with event experience that can commit to at least May through August. This position would be no more than 30 hours per week at a pay rate of $14.50 per hour. No benefits provided.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engage and interact with the public at over 100 outdoor events, such as our Picnic in the Park, Farragut Fridays, the Golden Cinema Series, TriFit outdoor pilates, yoga and barre exercise classes
- Manage event games and activities including trivia prize wheel, ping-pong, jenga, corn-hole, art table, chef demo and musical performances. Activations from rotating partners can include adoptable pets, scavenger hunts, cultural demonstrations, etc.
- Deliver brief, friendly, opening announcements at the start of TriFit classes. Audiences of up to 150.
- Responsible for the execution of outdoor events to include set-up and breakdown of event tents, tables, chairs, games, art materials, sound system, promotional collateral, and signage.
- Brainstorm creative projects and social media campaigns for our series’.
- Provide dynamic narratives to the Golden Triangle to area workers and nearby residents about who we are and what we do for the neighborhood
- Update Excel database to track event waivers, newsletter registration, and inventory of supplies and prizes.
- Promote the mission of the Golden Triangle
- Work outdoors every day in all weather conditions
- Report to Events & Marketing Manager
- Experience in a frontline customer service oriented role
- Able to report to work on-time when scheduled
- Able to work a flexible schedule–mid day and/or evening assignments
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time outside and lift up to 20 pounds
- Must have the ability to problem-solve in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to take initiative and act proactively, not always wait for instruction
- Must have the ability to clearly communicate and engage broad audiences
- Must be out-going, friendly, self-motivated and possess a positive attitude
- Must be able to work well within a team and take direction well
- Knowledge of Golden Triangle BID and the District of Columbia is a plus
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be able to show proof of a minimum of one year of post-secondary work at an accredited college or university.
The Golden Triangle Business Improvement District (BID) is a dynamic organization that is looking for talent to complement its summer events team. As a key partner in enhancing the neighborhood and public space from the White House to DuPont Circle and 16th Street, NW to 21st Street, NW, the Golden Triangle BID is working to enrich the neighborhood through its Ambassador cleaning program, landscaping and fun seasonal events. Founded in 1997, the Golden Triangle neighborhood has a diverse make up more than 32 million square feet of
commercial office space; 4,000 businesses, 600 shops and restaurants, eight hotels and six U.S. National Parks. The vision of the Golden Triangle BID is to maintain a vibrant downtown that keeps visitors and stakeholders engaged and returning to enjoy everything the Golden Triangle neighborhood has to offer
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to Tabatha Gilmore at firstname.lastname@example.org.