Details: Hourly Contract Position 10 to 20 Hours per Week
100 Walnut Avenue
Community Coordinator, Excellent Education for Everyone
Non-Profit Organization Supporting Private Schools and School Choice in New Jersey
Part-time, Flexible Hours, Remote/Work at Home
Position Description: The Community Coordinator organizes meetings and communications for Excellent Education for Everyone www.nje3.org a New Jersey-based education reform group which supports school choice and public funding of private schooling including Catholic, Orthodox, Muslim, Christian and secular private schools, as well as online, tutoring and similar supplemental learning-delivery organizations.
Meetings include Board of Trustees and Advisory Council Meetings as well as Trustee and volunteer meetings with policy leaders, educators, administrators, legislators, state and federal officials, religious leaders, community organizations and media representatives; as well as periodic policy events designed to highlight and inform on school choice and education reform issues.
Communications include e-newsletters, social media, event postings, advertisements, phone polling and press releases.
Major upcoming projects include the planning of a fall event focused on personalized learning and tech-enhanced education.
Other ongoing tasks include:
- Updating and Enhancing Website Content
- Supporting Fundraising Efforts
- Helping maintain and grow the New Jersey School Choice and Education Reform Alliance, www.njscera.org by sharing developments, resources, tools, events and information cross the Alliance from alliance members
- Outreach to parents and administrators of private and parochial school communities
- Maintaining Databases and Providing Other Administrative Support for E3 and NJSCERA.
Candidates must have high energy, excellent communication skills, including top-notch writing, a background in business, persistence, reliability, ability to work with all levels of supporters and leaders across New Jersey, strong connections in the community and dedication to improving educational outcomes for children.
Hours are flexible and initially will vary from 10 to 20 hours per week
Minimum Education Required