Details: The salary for this position is $50,000 per year.
1602 L Street, NW
District of Columbia
Independent Sector is hiring several entry-level associates to join our organization. Associates support community engagement, public policy, and communications initiatives, as well as provide operational support to various cross-functional teams throughout the organization. This role provides the opportunity to interact with, contribute to, and learn from various teams and bodies of work across the organization, as well as external partners across the country. Associates will work closely with their managers to build capacities and skills in support of organizational goals.
Responsibilities may include:
- Provide program and project management for key activities across community engagement and public policy initiatives.
- Participate in advocacy on Capitol Hill to educate Members of Congress about the nonprofit sector.
- Assist with the design and development of new resources and events.
- Assist with in-person and digital event logistics and planning.
- Enter and analyze data using our CRM database.
- Support financial records management and reconciliations.
- Assist with the development and execution of regular Independent Sector communications.
- Provide customer service.
- Provide technology support for internal and external events.
- Assist with human resources and talent management.
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
Desired Skillsets and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or 2–4 years of full-time work experience.
- Superb written communication and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Experience with event logistics.
- Experience with and comfort adapting to new technology, which may include event management systems, data capture and analysis systems, media platforms, customer relationship management (CRM) systems, and website content management.
- Analytical and interested in data.
- Ability to take ownership of projects and solve problems, yet ask for help when needed.
- Be a self-starter and critical thinker, who is looking to acquire new skills and motivated to learn and contribute.
- Adaptable and flexible in an evolving organization.
- Interest in learning about and supporting the work of the nonprofit and philanthropic community.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a resume along with a cover letter explaining your interest in and qualification for the position with the subject line Human Resources—Associate to email@example.com. For postal mail, please use the following address: Independent Sector, 1602 L Street, NW, Suite 900, Washington, DC 20036.
Independent Sector is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.