1616 P Street NW
Resources for the Future (RFF) is an independent, nonprofit research institution in Washington, DC. Our mission is to improve environmental, energy, and natural resource decisions through impartial economic research and policy engagement.
We’re looking for an innovative marketing specialist to help elevate our organizational profile and brand. The position, based in the communications team, will be responsible for generating impactful digital marketing and social media campaigns, newsletters and invitations, and marketing collateral. Candidates with an interest or background in the fields of environmental, energy, and natural resource policy, and who share RFF’s mission and organizational values, will be particularly well suited to the role.
- Manage all RFF social media accounts. Plan and execute social media campaigns that encourage engagement with our events and research products, and expand our overall audience reach.
- Track social engagement, set growth targets, and generate reports that analyze the effectiveness of different engagement tactics.
- Devise and deploy videos and rich imagery on social media amplify engagement.
- Develop impactful digital marketing strategies to promote our organization and its research products.
- Plan and implement marketing automation workflows that increase audience engagement with our events.
- Conceptualize, plan, and execute email marketing campaigns and strategies that help to increase engagement with RFF events and research products.
- Oversee the use of our Google Adwords grant.
- Help to compile marketing and development materials such as our annual report, one pagers, and introductory videos.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Policy, or a related field. A minimum of two years’ relevant marketing experience is preferable.
- Experience managing social media accounts across Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, and Instagram, optimizing tone and messaging tactics for each platform.
- Proven track record using social media to amplify engagement and grow audiences.
- Exceptional writing and analytical skills, including the ability to craft compelling language for fundraising, event invitations, newsletters, and other marketing responsibilities.
- The ability to juggle many ongoing projects, proactively identify potential problems or opportunities, independently prioritize when confronted with many competing tasks, work under pressure, and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational and project management skills. Experience using Asana or similar project management tools would be highly beneficial in this role.
- The ability and desire to collaborate closely with fellow communications and policy professionals.
Bonus Skills: The ideal candidate will bring at least one additional specialist skill to the role. This could be:
- Experience creating videos or animations.
- Graphic design, illustration, or mapping skills.
- Experience running ad campaigns in Google Adwords.
Candidates with any of these skills are encouraged to include examples of prior relevant work products in their application.
All interested applicants for this role should submit a thoughtful cover letter and current resume via www.rff.org/about/careers.
Salary is competitive.
Due to the anticipated volume of interest, we are unable to respond to telephone or email inquiries regarding this position.
RFF is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We are unable to sponsor a work-related visa for this position.
RFF benefits include a collegial environment, 20 days annual leave, 13 days sick leave, 3 days family medical leave, 10 holidays, medical insurance, educational assistance, and commuter benefits.
Minimum Education Required