SEI envisions a world powered by renewable energy. With more than 8 million new solar professionals needed to reverse climate change by 2050, we’re dedicated to scaling the global solar energy workforce and closing the solar job skills gap. Founded in 1991, SEI has trained more than 76,000 people from around the world who have been involved with over 10% of the world’s solar installations. And we’re just getting started. SEI is seeking a forward-thinking, passionate individual dedicated to our vision to help us achieve our bold growth goal: to train 10% of the global solar workforce (~1 million people) by 2030.
Our development team’s efforts are focusing on a sales-based approach to fundraising. To that end, the Development Manager role is the first member of the team many people in the community will meet. They will provide sales and office support that is a literal extension to everything the sales team is doing to share our impact, which will drive our income – from stewarding donors and supporting events, to managing the day-to-day details of the department. This position requires someone who jumps in wherever needed and gets things done, someone who is proactive and can work with little direction. They must have a can-do attitude and be totally comfortable talking to anyone on the phone (and actually loves doing so). This role is about being an ambassador for the sales team across the organization, and partnering with the sales team to achieve results together.
The ideal candidate:
• Really, truly enjoys supporting others – which means working alongside the sales team and assisting in every facet of development. This person is WAY more than an administrative assistant. Formal administrative experience is not necessary; though a willingness to learn and be persistent is essential!
• Feels a real sense of ownership to get things done as a partner to the team – this person sees it as their responsibility to get a yes, using creative ideas, making mundane tasks into a game to keep them focused on the goal.
• A problem-solver at heart. While this person does not look to disrupt processes that are working well, he or she is constantly assessing how processes could be improved and actively working to share those ideas and implement improvements. In addition, this person knows when to ask for help, and is known for bringing others in to help come up with better solutions.
• Organized. This person LOVES handling details and multiple projects running in parallel, methodically working through checklists (and creating them as well). This is the kind of person who might color-code their calendar or create a spreadsheet to plan a trip.
• Infectious enthusiasm. This person doesn't have to be the life of the party but who is excited to get to know everyone at the party. His or her interest and empathy are genuine, and about building relationships.
This position holds a wide range of responsibilities, which may evolve over time. Key duties include:
• Schedule visits for fundraising team
• Support fundraising team in prospect research, predisposition, and visit preparation
• Ensure critical visit follow-up occurs in a timely manner
• Process gifts and donor acknowledgments
• Support stewardship programs
• Assist with memorable experiences/special events
• Maintain and update donor database
• Manage grant stewardship process and assist with grant writing
• Develop and maintain fundraising tools
While our preference is that this staff position is based at our headquarters in Paonia, Colorado, we are open to the ideal candidate working remotely with occasional travel.
Compensation and Benefits This is a full-time position, and the hiring rate for this role starts at $20/hour, commensurate with experience. Solar Energy International offers a benefits package including paid time off (PTO), 10 paid holidays, a health insurance stipend, Simple IRA with employer matching (after year one), professional development, and a flexible work schedule to accommodate work life balance. Solar Energy International is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply: Email a cover letter, resume, a work sample, and references in a combined pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15, 2020.
SEI envisions a world powered by renewable energy. With more than 8 million new solar professionals needed to reverse climate change by 2050, we’re dedicated to scaling the global solar energy workforce and closing the solar job…