The Assistant Director is responsible assisting the Food Bank Director with the daily operations of the Food Bank. In addition, this position will assist in managing and developing cash and gift in kind relationships. This is a full-time, exempt position and is benefits-eligible according to applicable guidelines. It is located in Pacoima and reports to the Director.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with the Director to provide leadership, direction, and management to all aspects and operations of the Valley Food Bank.
- Collaborate with Director to increase community awareness and support through events, workshops, and tours.
- Represent the Valley Food Bank at places of worship, schools, businesses and civic organizations etc.
- Assist in managing and developing donor relationships
- Manage social media and communication to promote VFB
- Develop and manage volunteer relationships.
- Visit pantries quarterly to support our relationships and assure they meet VFB standards.
- Maintain regular communication and accountability of all Food Pantries and partners receiving food from the Valley Food Bank.
- Assist with oversight of warehouse staff and volunteers to meet the daily food donation, processing and distribution requirements.
- Assist Director to assure all warehouse practices and cleanliness meet safe food handling requirements
- Assure regular staff and volunteer safety training and encourage safe behavior daily through observation and recognition of safe and unsafe practices
- Report incoming gift in kind (GIK), and food distribution.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as the Food Bank’s Serv-Safe manager
- Promote and support the RMA Safety Program.
- Maintain a high level of integrity, camaraderie, and professional relationships with volunteers and donors.
- Assist with loading and unloading vehicles when needed
- Assist with donation pick up when needed
- Perform other related duties and projects assigned by the Director.
This position assists the Director in supervising warehouse staff and volunteers
- A Bible based Christian faith compatible with RMA’s Statement of Faith manifesting the fruit of the Spirit (Gal. 5:22-23) and an active member of an Evangelical church.
- A heart of compassionate for the hungry and those in need of assistance.
- Sincere desire to be a "Servant Leader" in everyday situations
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in related field plus 3-5 years non-profit experience.
- Flexibility in work hours, occasional weekend and evenings required.
- Valid CA driver’s license and insurable under RMA.
- Experience in performance and operations management
- Management abilities including sound judgment, directing, motivating, coordinating, measuring results, and reporting.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Initiator that work independent and under deadlines.
- Bi-lingual language skills desirable (English/Spanish)
- Teachable spirit and be committed to team participation.
- Strong computer and administrative skills
- PC knowledge including Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Will use Mission Tracker database.
This position requires extended times of work in an office environment in meetings and working at a desk and computer. Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Basic office equipment, such as computers, copiers, and printers.
- Cars, vans, light and medium duty refrigerated trucks.