355 Lexington Avenue
About Concern Worldwide US
Concern Worldwide is an international humanitarian organization committed to the relief, assistance and advancement of the poorest people in the least developed countries of the world. Founded in Ireland in 1968, Concern has more than 3,000 personnel working in 26 countries across the globe.
Concern believes in a world where no one lives in fear; where all have access to a decent standard of living, and the opportunities essential to a long, healthy and creative life. Our mission is to help people living in absolute poverty achieve major improvements in their lives, improvements that are sustainable without ongoing support from Concern.
Concern Worldwide U.S. is an independent affiliate of Concern Worldwide and supports the Concern network by recruiting staff, supporting program development, creating public awareness of humanitarian issues and financially supporting programs. (www.concernusa.org )
Concern Worldwide is hiring an Events Officer to work as part of its Individual Giving Team. The Events Officer will be responsible for the creation and flawless execution of a portfolio of four major events including a luncheon, two dinner galas and a golf tournament, as well as other occasional donor cultivation events. Based out of Concern’s NY Office, this position will report to the VP of Individual Giving and work in close partnership with Concern’s Individual Giving and Communications Teams. This exciting opportunity is ideal for a highly motivated, self –starting event planner who is comfortable with multitasking. Flexibility and creativity are both required in day-to-day activities as is the ability to work in a demanding dynamic team environment.
- Work in collaboration with VP of Individual Giving, Concern staff and event committees to flawlessly execute events for Concern Worldwide through the management of a portfolio of 4 major annual events (Luncheon, Golf event, Corporate Dinner and Gala) and support team as needed with logistics with smaller donor cultivation events.
- Support the work of the event committees by preparing agendas, materials, meeting minutes and tracking outreach.
- Coordinate all event logistics and manage vendor relationships.
- Liaise with event venues and external firms involved with event production.
- With support of VP of Individual Giving, develop event strategies, timeline and revenue goals based on the operating plan that will drive income, increase donor retention and reduce costs.
- Create corporate partnership opportunities (sponsorship and in-kind gifts) for events and work closely with Individual Giving team to identify sponsors.
- Develop expense and revenue projections for events, creating the maximum return on investment and maintaining a low cost per dollar raised.
- Work collaboratively with committees and vendors.
- Manage onsite execution of run of show and event day logistics.
- Manage and oversee budget reconciliation, donor invoicing, and acknowledgements.
- Gather competitive event analysis and market research.
- Provide regular analysis and reporting of event revenue goals against projections and post-event reporting and analysis.
- Maintain records of event content and expenses.
- Work with support staff to ensure invoices are processed for payment, and properly coded with Finance.
- Prepare event collateral which can include menu, program, run of show, volunteer descriptions, seating plan, table cards, and guest biographies.
- Identify content and concept of event email campaigns, print materials and oversee production to ensure design adheres to Concern’s brand and vision.
- Liaise with designer and printer to ensure timely delivery of materials.
- Work cross functionally with VP of Communications and VP of Individual Giving to develop speeches, press, social media strategy for events and event web updates.
Volunteers and Event Prospecting
- Work collaboratively with Individual Giving team and VP of Individual Giving on pre-event planning, including committee recruitment, and post event follow-up to ensure coordination of event solicitations (by Individual Giving Team) and timely donor acknowledgments.
- Provide support as needed to Individual Giving team to solicit event donors.
- Play a role in coordinating the team’s research and tracking of prospective sponsors, honorees, chairs, co-chairs, honorary chairs, award presenters and other event participants.
- Recruit, manage, and retain volunteers and staffing for events.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with staff members and volunteers in a spirit of teamwork and collaboration.
- Exercise excellent judgment while handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Represent Concern as needed at external, networking opportunities and events.
- B.A or B.S degree required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in event management or sales, preferably in a not for profit environment.
- Superior event and project management skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Track record of success in producing large scale premier and complex events.
- Experience in creating and managing budgets.
- Self- starter and creative thinker; energized by new ideas and processes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with donors, volunteers, colleagues, public.
- Comfort working under tight timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Database experience strongly preferred, Salesforce, Luminate Online or other CRM experience preferred; high proficiency in Microsoft Office, Powerpoint and project management software.
- Previous supervisory experience; experience working with and supervising volunteers a plus.
- Valid Driver’s License, local travel may be required.
- Ability to carry out physical demands of job including: squatting, pushing, pulling and light lifting (up to 25lbs) for event set up.
- Appreciation of complexities associated with working for a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit entity.
- Must be able to work occasional nights, weekends and special events.
- Must be eligible to work in the US.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a detailed cover letter with salary range expectations (mandatory) and resume to:
While we appreciate every application, we only contact candidates who are selected for an interview. We respectfully request no phone calls please. Thank you.
It is Concern Worldwide U.S.’s policy to employ, compensate and advance personnel without regard to race, creed, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, height and weight, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, partnership status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military status, arrest record and any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.