1701 Pacific Ave
Summary of Position
Tacoma Art Museum (TAM) seeks a driven and collaborative Marketing and Communications Coordinator to play an integral role as a member of TAM’s Marketing and Communications team. The Marketing and Communications Coordinator creates, in collaboration with the marketing team, content for TAM’s website and social media channels. Assist department leadership with administrative duties, public relations efforts, and other duties as assigned. Ideal candidate will have a strong background in communications, social media strategy and implementation, tracking and analytics, along with organizational and planning skills.
· Strategize, plan and monitor digital platforms to increase audience engagement opportunities.
- Responsible for content placement and online quality of content.
- Coordinate with external website Maintenance Company, ensuring that website is working properly, and a partner in responding to website updates.
- Develops the calendar to depict when/where e-content will go.
- Assess the organization’s performance in accordance with peer organizations in social media and web presence.
- Monitor traffic and trends and site statistics such as user demographics, traffic flow and search engine placement.
- Schedule, post, respond to, and follow relevant online content.
- Produce reports and dashboards that reflect TAM’s online engagement.
- Manage solutions for sharing information and determine which platform(s) are best for which messages and/or outcomes.
- Ensure web site is compliant and accessible with federal laws and guidelines.
- Develop format for e-surveys as needed.
- E-news distribution and development (with other museum colleagues)
- Fine tune TAM Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Create/send member e-blasts.
- Work with Marketing Director to assist with administrative duties which include pulling monthly Google, Facebook, Instagram, and Cision Analytics reports, tracking invoices, etc.
- Manage the department calendar with Director
- Contribute/manage the marketing team’s production calendar.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- One to three years working experience in a communications-related field, knowledge of WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Hootsuite, and Mail Chimp and related applications required.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing communications or related degree required.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Must be a self-starter, with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects/tasks and see tasks through to completion, and remain flexible under pressure.
- Ability to balance working in a team environment with self-directed projects.
- Team player, willing to collaborate and contribute to produce high quality work.
- Strategic thinker, with a strong interest in data and metrics
- Ability to see the big picture.
- Service oriented with excellent relationship management skills. Courteous, personable and flexible; able to deal effectively and sensitively with a wide range of people. Exhibits an awareness and sensitivity to cultural and other differences when working with private organizations, volunteers, vendors, museum staff, and the general public.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends for special events.
Travel, Working Conditions, and Physical Environment
The essential physical requirements of this position include:
- Must be able to sit at a workstation and/or a computer screen for the majority of the work day.
- There is occasional need to stand, stoop or walk for long periods of time.
- Frequently reaches with hands and arms and uses hands and fingers to handle objects and operate tools, machinery, computers, and/or controls.
- Ability to lift objects (up to 25 pounds) and perform other similar actions during the course of the workday.
- Continuously exchanges information through listening and talking with staff, volunteers and individuals in the community;
- Some work may be occasionally performed outside where employee is subject to adverse weather conditions.
- Negligible local travel, less than 5% of work hours.
- 4 Day work week
- 150 hours of PTO after first 90 days of employment
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits offered after 60 days
- Optional FSA enrollment
- 403(b) plan
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
· Please email a succinct cover letter and resume to HR@TacomaArtMuseum.org.
· Include “Marketing Coordinator: First Name Last Name” in subject line.
· No phone inquiries, please.
Resume review will begin immediately. Position is open until filled.
Tacoma Art Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Tacoma Art Museum strongly encourages applicants from members of groups underrepresented in careers related to museums and the visual arts.