Details: Conveniently located to Metra and CTA Blue line.
10255 W Higgins Rd Ste 900
Dairy Management Inc.™ (DMI) is funded by America’s 41,000-plus dairy farmers, as well as dairy importers. Created to help increase sales and demand for dairy products, DMI and its related organizations work to increase demand for dairy through research, education and innovation, and to maintain confidence in dairy foods, farms and businesses. DMI manages National Dairy Council and the American Dairy Association, and founded the U.S. Dairy Export Council and the Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy. DMI works with state and regional promotion organizations to implement these programs across the country. Our Rosemont office is conveniently located across from O’Hare Airport and accessible to the CTA Blue Line and Metra.
We are looking for a new team member to support the Accounting Department with: data entry into the accounts payable and accounts receivable systems; invoice verification; check processing; filing; customer invoices, and collection of open items. Responsibilities include processing employee and Board Member expenses. The Coordinator interacts with all staff, vendors, and member organizations, so having strong communications skills, and a customer service attitude is necessary.
Examples of accountable areas and related activities:
· Verifies proper authorization, documents, and authenticity of invoices
· Once verified, inputs invoices into electronic approval system and accounts payable system; reviews input and corrects as necessary
· Posts accounts payable transactions
· Selects invoices for check preparation based upon due dates; processes and prints checks and posts cash transactions
· Provides reports for Invoice Entry, Cash Requirements Report, and Check Register
· Prepares checks for signature, matches checks with documentation, distributes checks and files vouchers
· Responds to staff and vendors regarding the status of invoice payments
· Processes items through both a manual or fully electronic process
· Prepares customer invoices, and debit/credit memos
· Posts, distributes, scans all items prepared and files all documents
· Provide routine assistance to Staff Accountants for the maintenance of the general ledger. Work includes proper documentation to support inter-company billings, and preparation of rebill requests.
Education & Experience. 5+ years’ work experience in Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable. H.S. Diploma/GED; Associate Degree a plus. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with high volume of transactions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities. Knowledge of accounting principles, expense invoice payment process, customer billing and account reconciliation skills. Self-starter, well organized, detailed oriented with high degree of transactional accuracy, excellent communication skills and comfort with the utilization of automated systems.
Dairy Management Inc.™ is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We regret it is not possible to communicate with candidates except those who most closely match our requirements.
Competitive medical and dental insurance; generous 401(k) plan.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required