450 Lexington Avenue
Everytown for Gun Safety, the largest gun violence prevention advocacy organization in the country, is seeking a full-time Assistant to the Senior Advisor to the President to manage the Senior Advisor to the Presidents calendar and travel; coordinate appointments and meetings. This person will also be responsible for inputting and tracking all department expenditures, contracts and invoices and will manage correspondence and communications with internal and external stakeholders on behalf of the Senior Advisor to the President. As the counterweight to the gun lobby, our work has a very strong focus on pushing for stronger gun laws in state legislatures and beating back dangerous laws on the federal level.
Ideal candidates must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be able to manage confidential and sensitive information and have exemplary attention to detail. We are looking for someone with who will excel at being customer focused and can represent the Senior Advisor and Everytown to important Stakeholders. The candidate should enjoy managing projects and a face-paced environment. Applicants must be a self-starter, collaborative thinker, and team player.
The position is based in New York, NY.
- Manage the Senior Advisor to the President calendar and travel; coordinate appointments and meetings.
- Manage correspondence and communications with internal and external stakeholders on behalf of the Senior Advisor to the President.
- Assist in preparing the Senior Advisor to the President for meetings and convenings.
- Maintain and transition key relationships that the Senior Advisor to the President initiates.
- Welcome guests and creating a professional, responsive, collegial relationship with all those who engage with the Senior Advisor to the President and Everytown for Gun Safety.
- Research and compile information for and on behalf of the Senior Advisor.
- Create spreadsheets, power points and memos for the Senior Advisor.
- 1 or more cycles in political campaigns.
- Flexibility in schedule to travel and work beyond regular work hours when needed (which can be often)
- Ability to manage up and communicate with senior staff.
- Ability to work well with staff across the organization
- Ability to manage staff interactions on behalf of the Senior Advisor.
- Experience keeping a senior executive organized, managing calendars or travel.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Expertise and comfort with excel, power point, and word.
- Ability to maintain an organized work environment, create and maintain schedules, lists and trackers.
- Ability to organize information to inform decision making.
Exceptional Candidates will also possess a willingness to bring your own perspective and sense of humor to any situation, while respecting the different approaches around you
In addition to an extremely competitive compensation package, the organization offers fully paid healthcare, a 401k match, educational reimbursement, and other fringe benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunities:
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and vital to our success.
Everytown for Gun Safety provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required