Technology Adoption and Training Specialist. London. Posting Date: 04/21/2021. Deadline: 05/11/2021
Do you want to help make the world a better place with your knowledge and ability to train and help people? We are seeking a fixed-term Technology Adoption and Training Specialist
based in London
to market and train technology to our global staff for a one year term
The Open Society Foundations works to build vibrant and inclusive democracies whose governments are accountable and open to the participation of all people. We are active in more than 120 countries, making us the world's largest private funder of independent groups working for justice, democratic governance, and human rights.
The Information Technology Department at Open Society Foundations strives on providing exceptional service to our users while keeping in mind what we stand for and protecting our data from security breaches by staying vigilant.
As a Technology Adoption and Training Specialist at Open Society, you will:
What we are looking for:
- Perform training needs assessments, design and deliver curriculum and learning materials and manage all phases of training interventions;
- Translate requirements into training initiatives that will empower employees to use OSF's available technology portfolio more fully;
- Design and develop online, interactive training material, as well as handouts, instructional materials, aids and manuals;
- Acclimate new hires to OSF's technology ecosystem and conduct technology orientation sessions;
- Assess training effectiveness to ensure incorporation of taught skills and techniques into employees work behavior;
- Stay abreast of the new trends and tools in the training field.
Desirable (but not required):
- Proven experience in designing multiple training events;
- Knowledge of instructional design theory and learning principles and familiarity with traditional and modern training methods, tools and techniques;
- Adequate knowledge of learning management software;
- Sound decision making and organizational skills;
- Ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences;
- Commitment to continuous learning and growth in the areas of diversity, equity, inclusion, antiracism and social justice;
- Commitment to listening and working with humility; ways of working that are respectful to all people; and that support space and voice for all diverse perspectives in our workplace.
What we offer:
- Experience in utilizing content creation software such as: Camtasia, Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, ScreenSteps, etc.
- Video Editing Skills
- Proven ability to master the full training cycle (ADDIE)
- Ample opportunities to learn and grow, from annual professional development allowances to onsite trainings and brown bag lunches with visiting experts.
- Top-notch benefits and perksdesigned for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance. With some variability according to location, this includes generous time off, flexible work arrangements, employer-paid health insurance, generous retirement savings plan, progressive paid parental leave, reproductive and family planning support, sabbatical opportunities, and much more .
- A commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that enables everyone to bring their full self to work and make a positive impact on the world.
Competitive rates of pay apply.
We aim to build an inclusive workforce that is reflective of the populations we support, and actively seek applications from those who are marginalized and underrepresented. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and colleagues with disabilities.