The Administrative Assistant works closely with our Director of Finance & Operations and GV team to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency by assisting each of our core departments (Programs, Operations, and Development). This position is responsible for coordinating organizational & program logistics, data management, and administrative systems & processes. As a critical member of a small team, the Administrative Assistant also contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies, and practices.
The expectation is for this role to grow into a full-time position within 6 months to 1 year. Position growth would include a salary increase, job title review, and a role expansion to include responsibilities in the Development & Marketing department.
Duties & Responsibilities
Organizational and Program Logistics
-Oversee program logistics, including event planning, space rentals, transportation, communications, and event agendas for Seattle-based programs
- Support and implement communication needs such as e-newsletters, participant family communication, and alumni communications
-Promote and support the student recruitment and application process, acceptance, and enrollment
- Manage (with some intern support) volunteer program schedule, documentation, and communication
- Track attendance & data for First Year Program (FYP) and Advanced Leadership Program (ALP)
- Maintain email database, including updates and imports (Mailchimp)
- Maintain overall program and donor database, including updates, imports and reports (Salesforce)
- Maintain survey and data collection program (Form Assembly)
- Maintain and document office protocols
- Maintain and support IT needs
- Track donations and manage ongoing and annual acknowledgements
The ideal applicant will have the following qualifications and/or skills:
-Relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Culturally responsive and aware with a commitment to racial justice and equity work
- Familiar with Office 365, Salesforce, MailChimp, Form Assembly, or equivalent technological platforms
- Highly self-motivated, with the ability to manage multiple projects and work according to specific deadlines
- Excellent project management & organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to fast-pace and changing environments
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and some weekends, as necessary
Preferred but not required:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Experience with nonprofit office management positions
- Involvement in local community
The Administrative Assistant works closely with our Director of Finance & Operations and GV team to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency by assisting each of our core departments (Programs…
Starting salary is $22-$24/hr.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision coverage, partial retirement match, 10 paid vacation days per year, sick leave, and 11 paid holidays per year. Some remote work available.
Position also includes opportunity for growth into a full-time salaried position, with increased PTO & wage, within 6 months to 1 year.
Starting salary is $22-$24/hr.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision coverage, partial retirement match, 10 paid vacation days per year, sick leave, and 11 paid holidays per year. Some…
Submit your resume and cover letter to: HRGV@global-visionaries.org or upload via Idealist
Please write your Full Name along with Administrative Assistant in the email subject line
Applicants strongly encouraged to apply by May 14, 2022