The Center for Spirituality in Nature is seeking an experienced, strategic, innovative self-starter to coordinate and advance the Center’s comprehensive communication vision in support of the organization’s mission. While the position will be half-time in 2021, the position could grow into full-time work in the future if adequate funding is available.
The Center is a very effective, organized and lean organization, that provides opportunities for people to deepen their spirituality in nature and to develop loving relationships with the Earth and the Divine Mystery that infuses it. Our newest campaign -- Hope and Healing Together Through Nature -- greatly expands our existing Spirituality in Nature Group program, including the development of model interracial groups to foster racial and ecological reconciliation.
The organization has in place a comprehensive communications plan, targeted audience-specific messaging, publicity systems, and a significant amount of content, all of which position the organization for expansion under the right leadership. We are looking for a Strategic Communications Manager who can hit the ground running to move the Center to the next level, in particular by expanding our social media and content marketing strategies.
While the Center is physically located in Arlington, Virginia, this person will work remotely in a location of their choosing. Preference will be given to those candidates who can meet with the Executive Director for monthly in-person meetings when it is safe to do so.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop and manage the Center’s comprehensive communication strategy for growth in exposure and brand profile
· Coordinate multi-channel outreach: website, email, social media, earned media and other publicity opportunities
· Publicize programs, classes and speaking engagements through digital marketing platforms, social media and earned media
· Manage a wide range of digital marketing responsibilities, including coordinating social media presence – Facebook, Instagram, YouTube etc. – using the latest digital marketing tools and strategies
· Coordinate internal membership outreach
· Oversee the development of brand-consistent marketing materials such as flyers, postcards, brochures and social media graphics.
· Available 20 hours per week on a regular basis – between 9 am and 6 pm, 5 days/week.
· 5+ years of communications experience
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher, or equivalent in relevant skills and experience
· Strategic, innovative, self-starter
· In-depth experience with managing/developing organizational communications strategy, including earned media campaigns and content marketing
· Experience with several different platforms, e.g. Mailchimp, Wix, Eventbrite, Stripe, Little Green Light, Flickr, Evernote, InDesign, etc.
· Expertise in managing a variety of communications tools – Blogs, Digital Marketing platforms, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, etc.
· Strong written and verbal communications skills – both listening and expressing
· Strong organizational and time-management skills, with high attention to detail
· Understanding of, and engagement with, spirituality and spiritual community outreach
· Professional work habits, e.g. punctuality, reliability, personal initiative, collegiality, sense of humor, etc.
· Ability to work quickly and accurately
· Ability to balance multiple tasks and responsibilities
· Access to personal computer, Internet and personal workspace
· Personal passion for spirituality and the natural world (recommended but not required)
· Experience with not-for-profit organizations (recommended but not required)
The Center for Spirituality in Nature is seeking an experienced, strategic, innovative self-starter to coordinate and advance the Center’s comprehensive communication vision in support of the organization’s mission. While the position…
Generous leave package
Generous leave package
We are so glad you have applied for this very interesting and challenging job. Please submit a resume and a cover letter to Idealist. Be clear about why this job is a particularly good fit for your skills and experience, and how our mission resonates with you.
Because we receive many applications, please do not email us directly.
Good luck with your job search.
The Center for Spirituality in Nature