Details: Based on experience
1720 Market Street
The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition seeks a Marketing Communications Associate to engage with our friends and members through multiple channels. The Marketing Communications Associate will be a part of a passionate and creative team comprised of membership, development and communications staff.
This new position will promote and advertise the campaigns, events and programs of the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition. The ideal candidate thinks like a customer, embraces social media and writes inspiring copy. To apply, please include three writing samples in a single PDF with your resume.
- Write blog posts for events, membership, volunteerism, development, programs and advocacy
- Write, edit and produce weekly Biker Bulletin email newsletter, which is sent to 34,000 recipients
- Manage all social media channels for our 51,000-plus followers on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and explore new channels
- Write and/or edit emails for events, membership, volunteerism, development, programs and advocacy; send emails via Marketing Cloud using A/B testing best practices
- Increase email and social media network growth by 5% annually, per our strategic plan goals
- Maintain and refresh website content, uploading and updating blog posts, events and pages as needed
- Work with Communications Designer in producing video content
- Promote and advertise our events and programs on existing and new third-party websites and build relationships with community organizations to share in newsletters
- Assist membership in renewal series emails and letters
- Assist in grant writing and researching new grant opportunities
- Assist with Google ads and search engine optimization (SEO)
- Support outreach and events, as needed
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- At least two years of related professional experience
- Superb writing skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organizing ability
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop
- Experience with Salesforce and email programs
- Experience using Google suite
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Strong commitment to the SF Bicycle Coalition’s mission and the values in our Strategic Plan.
Full medical, dental, vision and 401K.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please go to our website to apply:
The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is an equal opportunity employer. People of all races and gender are encouraged to apply.