After 30 years and an initial seed capital of $30,000 from area parishes, The Resurrection Project (TRP) has grown to become a powerful and effective social enterprise that seamlessly blends community development, community organizing, and advocacy with human service delivery to create vibrant, healthier, and involved communities. Our efforts have resulted in leveraging more than $500 million in community investment.
TRP’s Community Wealth Building division builds financial empowerment and lays the foundation for economic vitality so individuals and business owners can directly invest in the community and have a visible stake in its destiny. Individuals and families are placed on the path of financial stability through financial coaching, homeownership education, foreclosure prevention, and access to affordable and appropriate financial products. TRP has a designation as a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) and is a managing real estate broker. These services are integrated in a branded experience titled Full Circle Homes
General Job Description
In support of its mission, The Resurrection Project seeks a Grant Processor to process grant applications for relief assistance due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Processor will complete applications, check for duplication of benefits, and recommends for approval or denial of grant amount.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that all applications are complete with supporting documentation.
- Checks for duplication of benefits.
- Based upon final application and revision of documents Processor will submit a recommendation of approval or denial of grant award to Grant Closer.
- Monitor all initial applications in CRM software platform.
- Maintain data integrity and reporting systems to effectively track client and application progress; adhere to all guidelines related to confidentiality of files and records.
- Build, maintain, and encourage a productive working relationship with all staff members.
- Maintain required job skills and core professional competencies.
- Attend and participate in required educational programs and staff meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or two years’ experience in housing counseling, case management, community development, or any related social field required.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and work effectively with people of diverse social, faith, economic and racial/ethnic backgrounds.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and duties.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office and Internet required; Smartsheet.
- Highly motivated and demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team, problem solve, and be persistent.
- Adhere to highest ethical standards.
- Attention to details.
Special Working Conditions and Demands
- Willingness to work flexible hours as needed; evenings and weekends required.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $16.00 - $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Contracts: 2 years (Preferred)
- Housing Counseling: 2 years (Preferred)
- Case management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Community Development: 2 years (Preferred)
- Relationship management: 2 years (Preferred)
- CRM software: 2 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 3 years (Preferred)
- Smartsheet: 2 years (Preferred)
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place