The organization seeks a Database Manager to work with our consultants to successfully implement new system upgrades, and then effectively roll-out and train key staff on the new features of the Organization’s database and reporting capabilities. Once the upgraded system is in place, the Database Manager will oversee ongoing development and administration of the database. This newly created position will help power all fundraising, marketing and programming activity for the Organization. This candidate will actively train staff, set Organizational standards, and partner with teams and colleagues to creatively maximize the new CRM’s capabilities to support Organizational fundraising goals.
The Database Manager will manage and structure Cookies’ database to ensure maximum effectiveness in donor reporting, programmatic tracking and data analysis. The Database Manager is expected to regularly update donor records, perform routine data entry, regularly clean the data, and assist in the creation of complex queries, exports and reports.
The Database Manager’s key task is to monitor the integrity of the information contained in the database and determine how to translate data into usable, actionable information for the formation and execution of fundraising strategies and metrics. The Database Manager will be expected to possess the operational experience necessary to identify donor relationship issues and provide remediation in conjunction with the team to improve gift entry, queries, dashboards, processes and donor relationships.
While analytical thinking, database management experience and high attention to detail are critical skills for this role, the ideal candidate will possess strong interpersonal communication and active listening skills, able to collaborate easily across teams.
- Oversee the daily operation of the database, ensuring accuracy and integrity of gift/financial data, constituent biographical data and reporting capabilities
- Track all communication related to current and potential donors
- Design and create reports concerning donor data, suited to the needs of each team
- Generating mailing lists as needed
- In collaboration with appropriate leadership, develop and implement processes and procedures for database use, tracking and reporting
- Make recommendations for future database upgrades/conversions as needed, staying on top of industry trends and best practices
- Create and process routine reports
- Assist with financial reporting and reconciliation in cooperation with the Finance team
- Provide ongoing database training and information updates for other staff
- Project manage IT requests from other members of the Cookies team
- Conduct prospect research
- Analyze and synthesize information to assess financial capacity, philanthropic interests, giving propensity and affinity
- Provide regular reports and updates to development team and leadership to ensure ongoing communication for success
- Interpret results from database updates, screenings and reports to consult and collaborate with key team members on matters related to portfolio development and solicitation strategies as requested
The Database Manager reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer and coordinates with direction from other departments.
This job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
- A minimum of 1 year of database management and prospect research
- Experience with fundraising donor software, such as Salesforce and Blackbaud
- Personal computer proficiency, especially Microsoft Office Products: Word, Excel, Outlook,
- Ability to manage multiple research requests, activities and deadlines
- Understanding of donor relationship management and fundraising fundamentals
- Knowledge of prospect research techniques
- Ability to actively listen, analyze information / situations and solve problems
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the Organization
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to take a proactive approach; organize and manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in a nonprofit
- Experience working with volunteers is desirable
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated professional to assume a pivotal role in the evolution of a fast-growing, well-loved organization. We are seeking an individual of outstanding quality with a respected track record. Cookies for Kids’ Cancer is prepared to offer a very attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary as well as health, 401(k), and vacation benefits. Salary range $45,000-50,000.
Minimum Education Required