PO Box 2125
Title: Field Organizer
Reports To: Watershed Outreach Manager
New Jersey League of Conservation Voters (New Jersey LCV) and Conservation Voters of Pennsylvania (CVPA) serve as the leading political voices for the environment in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, respectively. They are both non-partisan, statewide organizations dedicated to holding elected officials accountable for their actions that impact our precious natural resources.
New Jersey LCV and CVPA seeks a full-time Field Organizer to work on a program focused in the Delaware River Watershed to cultivate online activists into offline action takers and future leaders. Field organizer will be responsible for moving online activists up the leadership ladder, presenting opportunities for volunteers to engage with local watershed partners’ activities and events, and increasing the number of committed volunteers interested in advocating for clean water across the Delaware River Watershed. This individual must be able to work independently as well as with a dynamic team to maximize the impact of the Delaware River Watershed initiative.
- Recruit and build relationships with citizen volunteers to cultivate watershed leaders
- Handle volunteer management
- Conduct initiatives at, or around, the Delaware River Watershed in New Jersey and/or Pennsylvania
- Regularly submit status reports to Watershed Outreach Manager
- Execute organizing activities including, but not limited to, volunteer recruitment, phone outreach, signature petition drives, and in-person education activities
- Coordinate and recruit volunteers to write LTEs and personal stories on environmental experiences
- Outreach to local environment-focused citizen groups
- Other duties as assigned
- Commitment to Delaware River Watershed conservation.
- Ability to advocate for nonpartisan policy positions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent personal organizational and time management skills.
- Personable, dependable team player.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit volunteer activists and mobilize public support
- Prior field organizing experience preferred, but not necessary.
- Working knowledge of Voter Activation Network (VAN) and Catalist preferred, but not necessary.
Position Requirements: This is a full-time position responsible for managing a specific territory along the Delaware River watershed and will primarily be based out of an office in that area. However, travel throughout New Jersey and/or Pennsylvania will be necessary, so a valid driver’s license and access to a car are required. This person must be able to maintain a flexible schedule as evening and weekend work may be required.
To apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Field Organizer” in the subject line. No calls please. Applications reviewed on a rolling basis, final deadline is April 13th, 2018.
New Jersey LCV and CVPA are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workplace.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Field Organizer” in the subject line. No calls please. Applications reviewed on a rolling basis