590 Avenue of the Americas
The New York Foundling is one of the community’s largest and longest-standing nonprofits, and is dedicated to nurturing the safety, well-being, and supportive relationships that each person needs to reach their full potential. Our story begins in 1869, when we were founded by the Sisters of Charity as a home for abandoned babies. Since then, we have evolved with the needs of the community into a leading provider of services to over 30,000 children, youth, adults, and families each year throughout New York City; Rockland, Westchester, and Orange counties; and Puerto Rico.
The Business Operations Associate provides administrative and clerical support to members of the Business Operations team, primarily working with and reporting to the COO and Director of Business Operations. His/her primary responsibilities include: coordinating projects related to key business goals; tracking budgets for multimillion-dollar capital improvement projects, back office management of the Business Operations team and schedule management of the COO. Routine responsibilities may include preparing letters, filing, maintaining tracking systems and regular reporting, and maintenance of the various vendor and strategic relationship lists. H/she is also responsible for managing multiple schedules, providing information to callers, processing and tracking all departmental payments/credit card statements and making meeting arrangements for the department. The candidate will have responsibility for various autonomous projects within the Operations Departments. Some intern supervision may be required. This is an opportunity to work on the business and creative side of a fast paced not for profit with over 1600 employees and a $115 million dollar operating budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Administrative Support: The Business Operations Associate prepares documents to be signed by senior executive staff and members of the Board of Trustees. S/he prepares and composes routine correspondence. S/he maintains files of correspondence and office expenses. S/he will schedule appointments and arrange travel schedules and reservations. Prepare and submit check requests and purchase requisitions working with finance.
· Client/Staff Contact and Mail Management: As required when the individuals are not available, the Business Operations Associate fields calls for staff in the Operations Department. The management of phone inquiries requires warmth, tact, and ability to accurately gain information and at all times to ensure that those contacting the office feel welcomed. In some cases the Business Operations Associate will be required to meet vendors and donors and ensure that the office gains full information required for proper follow-up.
· Inventory Management: Owning the tracking and ordering of inventory for day to day team use as well as capital project installation.
· Lease Database Management: The Business Operations Associate will curate and maintain the real estate lease database.
· Move and Relocation Assistance: Assist the Project Associates in agency moves and relocations, triage requests for facilities needs and redirect for approvals.
· Additional tasks may be assigned, on an as-needed basis.
· Bachelor’s Degree required.
· Knowledge of Microsoft office Suite.
· Basic Understand of Outlook and Calendar Management.
We invite you to join our dedicated & diverse workforce by applying directly at https://re31.ultipro.com/NEW1025/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=2773.
Minimum Education Required