Details: Benefits and Salary Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
Leadership for Educational Equity (LEE) seeks a Coordinator to support the Office of the Executive Director. The Coordinator will report to the Chief of Staff and support the Executive Director and General Counsel. This person will manage administrative details and provide development (fundraising) support and general project management support. This role is an excellent opportunity for individuals who possess strong writing, analytical and organizational experience. Additionally, this role provides many opportunities to build knowledge and gain unique perspectives by working alongside ambitious colleagues and dynamic senior leaders.
This role requires exceptional attention to detail, and an ability to create systems and document best practices to ensure we are constantly learning, improving, and developing ways to work more efficiently. The Coordinator needs to exercise strong judgment in responding to questions, troubleshooting problems, and flagging issues for other team members as needed. Finally, the Coordinator will need to successfully build and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including other staff at LEE, our members, Teach For America staff, and other partner organizations.
- Manage calendars, book travel arrangements, and manage expense reports for all team members
- Work with ED, Supporter Relations (fundraising) team and other designated staff to produce high-quality external documents (PowerPoint presentations, grants, memos)
- Support the Supporter Relations team on donor and partners events (e.g. coordination of vendors and general event management)
- Provide project management support for organization-wide events, projects and initiatives
- Pull Salesforce reports to drive new team projects and initiatives
- Partner with TechLabs team to develop expertise in existing tools (spreadsheets, reports, etc.) and serve as central resource for these tools on the team; suggest and/or develop enhancements based on needs
- Provide administrative support for the New York National office (e.g. liaise with our Teach For America partner, ensure that the NYC office has internet and printer coverage, monitor access to storage closet, etc.)
- Track deadlines and/or update organizational systems to ensure team productivity and effectiveness
- Prepare internal team communications such as newsletters, updates, team calendars and memos
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years of work experience
- Passion for our mission and vision
- Exemplary organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple urgent and competing priorities
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical abilities and outstanding judgment
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Development or grant-writing experience
- Calendar management experience, preferably in Microsoft Outlook
- Experience in a support role in a fast-paced, high-volume, results-oriented office
- Entrepreneurial spirit as demonstrated by experience leading a project or initiative from concept to execution
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience using design-thinking
An Equal-Opportunity Employer with a Commitment to Diversity
Leadership for Educational Equity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and as an organization committed to diversity and the perspective of all voices, we consider applicants equally of race, gender, color, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation and national origin. We reasonably accommodate staff members and/or applicants with disabilities, provided they are otherwise able to perform the essential functions of the job.
An affirmative action equal opportunity employer.
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria, and general work performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the job.
Minimum Education Required