Are you looking to learn more about renewable energy and the possibility of a green career in this growing industry? Solar One’s Clean Energy Education Internship program will give you first-hand experience in K-12 clean energy education to expand your knowledge and skill-set.
● April 5- June 30, 2021, 15-20 hours per week
● Paid internship - $18/hr for current/recent undergraduate students, $20 for graduate students or students with an undergraduate degree
● Flexible weekday schedule to accommodate for student classes
● Students currently enrolled in a college or university within New York City
● A New York State resident having attended a college or university within New York City between 2019-2020
● All candidates must currently live in New York State
During the Clean Energy Education Internship, students will have the opportunity to support K-12 educational programming focused on energy conservation, energy efficiency, sustainable design, climate change, and renewable energy. Interns will participate in live virtual classes for students and teachers where we teach about clean energy career pathways and solar in NYC. The intern will help to manage and create educational content around clean energy for our Instagram and YouTube account. The intern will also help with a curriculum updating project.
This is a remote internship.
You can read more about our programs here- thegreendesignlab.org
You can also follow us on Instagram @solaronegreendesignlab
● Report to Manager of K-12 Curriculum & Instruction
● Provide administrative support to the Solar One Education Department. This includes, but is not limited to: updating curriculum files, professional development webinar support, webinar outreach, note taking, and records management
● Develop communication and outreach materials for department’s social media platforms
● Support staff in tracking teacher and student participation in our programs
● Collaborate with Solar One staff to update and modify energy curriculum
● Help build our database of energy education resources
● Support the Education staff in the management of high-priority projects
● Participate in mentorship activities with supervisor and other Solar One staff
● Strong passion and commitment to energy, climate change education, and sustainability
● It is preferred if candidates are pursuing a degree in environmental science, ecology, biology, sociology, sustainability, education or a related discipline
● Strong writing and communication skills
● Background and interest in social media
● Experience working with children, the public, or in an educational setting is preferred.
● Strong interpersonal, time management, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
● Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and proven ability to handle competing priorities
● Proficiency using Microsoft Office and Google Suite (Docs, Slides, Forms, Sheets, etc) programs
Are you looking to learn more about renewable energy and the possibility of a green career in this growing industry? Solar One’s Clean Energy Education Internship program will give you first-hand experience in K-12 clean energy education…
Solar One is an equal opportunity employer. Solar One strives to increase diversity, equity, inclusion and justice in all elements of our work and with our partners to support the interdependent needs of renewable energy and resilience and people in a rapidly changing world. Solar One recruits and employs through a lens of equity and encourages people of all races, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law to apply.
TO APPLY: Please email a short cover letter and resume to email@example.com
No Calls Please. We will only be able to reply to candidates that we are interviewing.
Solar One is an equal opportunity employer. Solar One strives to increase diversity, equity, inclusion and justice in all elements of our work and with our partners to support the…