Sterling House Community Center, Inc. (SHCC) is seeking a dynamic new team member to manage our annual fundraising and community events. This individual is a creative, engaging event professional with a passion to make an impact in our community.
Major Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities
I. Responsible for planning, organizing and coordinating special events – FUNDRAISING ▪ Assist in development of annual special events fundraising budgets and goals ▪ Maintain and build upon our extensive network of contacts, both internal and external, to facilitate event coordination
▪ Recruit new and oversee existing special event volunteers
▪ Oversee all special events volunteer committees including scheduling and chairing committee meetings, as needed
▪ Working with marketing coordinator and special event committee members, develop event promotional pieces, including social media promotions, mailings, and web materials ▪ Negotiate and execute contracts for special event venues and vendors, as needed ▪ Assist Development Director in securing event sponsorships
▪ Generate event registration lists for day of event and maintain event attendee records ▪ Determine staffing needs for special events and secure additional help as required ▪ Oversee all day-of-event activities (set-up through break-down) in coordination with event committee members and staff
▪ Maintain event financial accounting records including overall event income/expenses, while reconciling with finance department, post-event
▪ Generate event donor/sponsor/attendee entries into electronic database
▪ Generate timely special event donor/sponsor/attendee acknowledgements
▪ Develop and maintain positive relationships with other agencies, community organizations and other resources in the Greater Bridgeport community
▪ Design and propose new events for the organization
▪ Perform other related duties as assigned or may be required
SPECIAL EVENTS – FUNDRAISING – Sample Event Schedule, determined annually ∙ Night of Entertainment – Last Saturday in January – Bpt. Downtown Cabaret Theatre ∙ Celebrity Breakfast – Spring (April – early June) – Trumbull Marriott
∙ Pajama Party at the House – April/May – at Sterling House
∙ Down & Dirty 5K – early September – Short Beach, Stratford
∙ Sterling Classic Golf Tournament – 3rd or 4th Monday in September, Mill River Country Club
II. Responsible for planning, organizing and coordinating events – In-House
GENERAL: Throughout the year, Sterling House hosts a number of events and activities that the Event Coordinator plans and executes with staff. These include but are not limited to: Annual Volunteer Dinner, Annual Main Street Festival, Staff/Community Recognition Events, Sterling House Open Houses & Community Festivals, and other events that arise during the year.
∙ Bachelor’s degree or higher in non-profit administration, event management, business, or relevant degree
∙ Experience creating and executing large-scale events
∙ Experience and comfortability in soliciting donations or sponsorships
∙ Experience and enjoyment working with diverse populations with a customer service orientation; including a wide range of volunteers, executives, donors, and community members
∙ Exemplary communication skills, with experience facilitating small to large group meetings ∙ Strong computer skills with proficiency in data management and utilization of online registration platforms
∙ Ability to lift approximately 40 pounds of supplies and load/unload/drive SHCC van to and from event commitments
∙ Experience with print, social media, and media relations as associated with fundraisers ∙ Ability to multi-task, remain calm and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment ∙ Strong attention to detail and good problem-solving skills
∙ Driven to take initiative to work toward ongoing improvements and innovation ∙ Mission-driven, team-player who is passionate about working in a community center environment
∙ This is a part-time, exempt position, starting at 25 hours a week, with potential for growth and role expansion.
∙ This position reports to the Development Director.
∙ The 25hrs is scheduled during Monday – Friday during the 9-5 work-day, with occasional evening hours as needed. During peak season(s) the employee may work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of events/activities/programs.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject: Events Manager Position
SHCC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe deeply that diversity on our team strengthens our service to the community and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Sterling House Community Center, Inc. (SHCC) is seeking a dynamic new team member to manage our annual fundraising and community events. This individual is a creative, engaging event professional with a…