Do you believe in the power of transformative relationships for girls? Are you ready to impact the Greater Boston community one girl at a time? If you answered yes, and the idea of being part of a collaborative, performance-driven, focused team excites you then join us! At Big Sister Association of Greater Boston, we have been helping girls reach their full potential through positive mentoring relationships with women since 1951. We are the largest mentoring organization in Greater Boston exclusively serving girls and an award-winning affiliate of Big Brothers Big Sisters of America.
Big Sister Boston is seeking a detail- and customer service-oriented professional as our next Executive Assistant. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Assistant performs an array of administrative duties in support of the CEO’s priorities. These include board and donor relationships, strategic partnership development, internal and external meeting preparations and calendar management. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary administrative point of contact to the Board of Directors and other volunteer leadership bodies. They also serve as the primary internal coordinator of the CEO and her intersection with all other departments. Because the Executive Assistant works so closely with the CEO as well as in collaboration with other executive leadership, this is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in having a lot of exposure to the workings of a nonprofit organization and its leadership.
The Executive Assistant must be adaptable and flexible in their approach to work, as some duties and responsibilities will evolve based on the needs of the organization. In addition to the ongoing responsibilities below, the Executive Assistant will participate in and contribute to various all-staff programs and meetings.
Big Sister is committed to hiring staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. Candidates of color, multilingual and multicultural candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. If you are interested in working at a well-established, dynamic and supportive organization committed to serving girls, please apply.
· Maintains the CEO’s calendar for internal and external meetings
· Project manages the CEO’s priorities and ensures effective collaboration with all other departments
· Coordinates and manages all logistics and administration for Board of Directors and Board sub-committee meetings
· Serves as primary contact person for the Board of Directors and other volunteer leadership bodies
· Coordinates meetings with CEO and external constituents, including current and prospective individual and institutional donors, strategic partners, and others in partnership with applicable departments
· Prepares CEO for internal and external meetings, including materials preparations, logistics and briefings
· Drafts letters, reports and presentations on behalf of the CEO
· Maintains CEO’s activity in Salesforce database
· Schedules internal meetings for Senior and Joint Leadership Teams
· Manages the CEO’s role in major events
· Coordinates and schedules CEO’s travel arrangements
· Manage a project charter to completion through diligent follow-up, organization & with little guidance
· Assess project issues and identify solutions to meet productivity, quality and goals
· Assist with creation/modification of presentations, spreadsheets, and other various documents
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or transferrable professional experience, with non-profit experience preferred
· Prior administrative experience working in a professional office setting
· Ability to anticipate and meet the needs of others
· Passion for and a proven track record of success in providing excellent, supportive customer service
· Can act as an effective ambassador for the Big Sister brand and an effective representative for the CEO through external and internal communications
· Sensitivity to and experience in working with culturally diverse populations
· Excited about and effective in working autonomously and within a highly collaborative organization
· Excellent time management skills
· Ability to handle multiple, disparate tasks and prioritize
· Ability to clearly communicate verbally as well as in writing, with most written communication done via email
· Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information
· Ability to troubleshoot basic technology issues related to administratively supporting an executive
· Facility with MS Office Suite programs
· Ability to effectively use a customer relationship management database (Big Sister uses a Salesforce database)
· Must be able to move office chairs and tables for meeting room set-ups
· Must be able and willing to attend evening and weekend activities as needed
Reports to: CEO
Language Skills: Verbal and written fluency in English; candidates who also have proficiency or fluency in other languages are strongly encouraged to apply
Start date: Immediately
Location: Big Sister Association Offices, 20 Park Plaza, Boston, MA - All positions are remote until July 2021, when we plan to resume working in our physical office.
Compensation: $52K-$55K. Full-time, exempt position. Comprehensive benefits package including paid time off and health benefits.
Please send cover letter and resume with subject line Executive Project Manager to: email@example.com . Please attach your cover letter and resumé as a Word document or a PDF.
Big Sister Association of Greater Boston is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, nationality, ability, age, gender identity or gender expression or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Do you believe in the power of transformative relationships for girls? Are you ready to impact the Greater Boston community one girl at a time? If you answered yes, and the idea of being part of a collaborative, performance-driven, focused team…