Supervisor: Managing Director, HR
Overview: The Door is an unparalleled model for youth development, offering a comprehensive range of integrated services within a single site for nearly 11,000 New York City youth each year. Our mission is to empower young adults to reach their full potential by providing comprehensive youth development services in a diverse and caring environment. At The Door, youth can access health care and education, mental health counseling and crisis assistance, legal assistance, college preparation services, career development, housing supports, arts, sports and recreational activities, and nutritious meals – all for free and under one roof. By providing participants with our suite of integrated services, we seek to provide any motivated young person with the tools, resources, and opportunities needed to successfully transition to adulthood.
In partnership with and co-located at The Door, Broome Street Academy is a unique charter high school that prepares New York City’s most vulnerable youth for a successful future through rigorous academics paired with supports of The Door. Broome Street Academy serves 330 students annually in grades 9 – 12.
Who you are:
- You are passionate about contributing towards our mission through recruitment and retention processes, to attract diverse applicants with inclusivity and equity in mind
- You have experience navigating applicant tracking systems such as ADP and Workforce Now, as well as being technically savvy with Microsoft Software packages
- You are a collaborative and interpersonal individual, whose work ethic composes of time management, detail-centric, organizational, and excellent communication skills
- You enjoy building partnerships both internally with an agency’s hiring management team and externally with staffing agencies, academic institutions, and other employment resources
- Driving the candidate experience energizes you
- You are a forward-thinking individual who independently works towards team-based Human Resources initiatives in a personable manor and with sensitivity in mind
What you will be doing:
- Developing inclusive and data driven recruitment strategies.
- Partnering with the HR Manager and Managing Director, Human Resources, for external compensation benchmarking data.
- Influencing and educating hiring managers on sourcing methodologies to improve effectiveness.
- Handling confidential information with sensitivity and discretion.
- Sourcing passive job seekers for open requisitions.
- Proactively maintaining a pipeline of candidates for select positions, including, but not limited to confidential searches.
- Negotiating contracts with staffing agencies on behalf of the organization.
- Providing guidance to hiring managers regarding salary recommendations using internal and external salary data.
- Preparing monthly reports and analysis for senior leadership teams.
- In compliance with union hiring regulations, notifying existing staff of current job openings by ensuring open positions are posted to the designated Union job board and agency website.
- Maintaining current job descriptions collaborate with management regularly to ensure timely updates and obtain union approval as needed.
- Initiating and managing language differential tests for qualified candidates, as it pertains to any job requirements.
- Developing and delivering training modules to managers focused on areas related to staffing, recruitment, and retention
- Providing user support and training to all internal users of the ATS in the use of features, functions, and recruitment processes; provide user support for external applications who have issues using the online application
- Supporting the management of the administrative department internship program and agency-wide work study students; coordinate interviews and schedule and execute semi-annual intern events
- Evaluating recruiting efforts to continually improve the process and quality of talent brought into the organizations.
- Ensuring recruitment and retention practices consistently attract a diverse and qualified workforce; partner with hiring managers to consistently ensure job advertisements are placed with industry standards in mind.
- Proactively following up with hiring managers to determine the effectiveness of recruitment plans.
- Developing effective working relationships with community organizations, colleges, training programs and potential referral/recruitment sources.
- Implementing multi-prong recruitment methods, such as attending community events, advertising, college job fairs, personal referrals, etc.
- Tracking advertising spending and develop analytics on recruitment spending utilizing functions of the ATS.
- Completing any other tasks and special projects as assigned by Managing Director, Human Resources.
Hours: Full-time, Monday-Friday (9:00am-5:00pm) 35 hours per week, temporarily remote due to COVID-19 and subject to change.
Salary: Commensurate based on experience, plus an extensive benefits package