Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
Children’s Health Fund (CHF) is a nonprofit organization that supports a National Network of health care programs for medically underserved children and families. We are seeking a Systems and Network Administrator with comprehensive systems knowledge and excellent technical and project management skills to play an integral role in Children’s Health Fund’s Information Systems and Technology team.
The Systems and Network Administrator is responsible for overseeing the development, management, and maintenance of Children’s Health Fund’s (CHF) IT infrastructure environment. This position will work as part of the IT team on projects involving technology, product evaluation, implementation, deployment, and troubleshooting as needed. The Systems and Network Administrator ensures efficient, balanced, secure, and uninterrupted operation of all servers, workstations, and other IT equipment. This role is responsible for supervising the Desktop Support Specialist and reports directly to the Assistant VP of IS&T.
- • Oversee the development, management and maintenance of CHF’s IT infrastructure
- • Ensure system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures meet CHF standards
- • System and performance monitoring to ensure the stability and optimization of onsite systems and proactively address risks before they become issues
- • Install, configure, and test hardware
- • Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted users
- • Manage and maintain local NAS infrastructure
- • Apply OS/software patches and upgrades on a regular basis
- • Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible vulnerabilities
- • Identify and troubleshoot problems quickly and efficiently
- • Resolve escalated and complex incidents
- • Problem solve and adapt to a variety of systems and explore new opportunities as technology changes
- • Lead/coordinate project delivery efforts
- • Assume lead role in performance tuning and debugging
- • Deliver advanced virtual infrastructure support
- • Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks
- • Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology
- • Five years system/network administration experience
- • Solid understand of network concepts (e.g. LANs, WANs, VLANs and routing)
- • Solid understanding of storage concepts (e.g. NAS and AWS)
- • LDAP user/group administration (experience with pGina, MDAC, or LDAP Admin preferred)
- • Firewall administration and configuration (experience with SonicWALL and/or Cisco)
- • Email system administration and support required (GSuite experience preferred)
- • Experience with Citrix XenApp configuration, administration, and maintenance
- • Linux familiarity a plus
- • Server 2008-2016 experience
- • Proficiency with all current Windows operating systems required, Apple desirable
- • Experience with Microsoft Office 365
- • Mobile device configuration experience
- • Telehealth support
- • Must be able to multitask and prioritize efficiently in a dynamic fast paced work environment
- • Strong customer service skills
- • Strong documentation skills
- • Staff management skills preferred
The Children’s Health Fund offers an excellent compensation/benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The Children’s Health Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse work environment.
Salary commensurate with experience. The Children’s Health Fund offers an excellent compensation/benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter (including salary requirements) to email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.
For further information on our programs, please visit our website www.childrenshealthfund.org and check out the Healthy and Ready to Learn Resource and Training Center website, www.hrl.nyc