Our four lines of service:
- Weingarten Children’s Center (WCC), located in Redwood City, CA, a school and speech therapy clinic for children ages 0 - 6 with the goal that they succeed in mainstream general education classrooms by the first grade·
- BabyTalk Teleintervention Program provides one-on-one speech therapy via videolink to families of children ages 0 - 3 throughout California
- TeachLSL™ offers distance learning and therapy to children ages 3 - 5 in California and Nevada who live beyond commuting distance to WCC
- Talk2Me™ is developing digital distance learning modules to teach parents of children ages 0 - 3 to teach listening and spoken language to their children, which will be complemented by in-person coaching
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing fundraising and relations with supporters and prospective supporters including students’ families and alumni and their families. The Director of Development will work closely with the Executive Director to address all development and fundraising activities. This full-time position reports to the Executive Director.
- DONOR RELATIONS – Conduct outreach and meet with supporters and prospective supporters, monitor and ensure follow up with donors and supporters, identify and evaluate prospective supporters, cultivate donors and prospective donors, and steward donors. Identify families’ and other donors’ corporate matching and related programs, develop, or oversee social media and other targeted donor outreach campaigns. Create, publish, and distribute annual Impact Report. Organize and implement Annual Appeal and Giving Tuesday campaigns.
- EVENTS – FHR runs two fundraising events annually, a gala in the fall and golf tournament in the spring. The gala is parent-led, with live and online auctions. The Director of Development will assume a lead role planning and executing all events.
- GRANTS – Work with the ED to bring in and support grants. The Director of Development will track grantwriting and report calendar and conduct grantor research.
- PLANNED GIVING – Develop and implement a planned giving program.
- DEVELOPMENT PLAN – Develop and implement the annual Development Plan and update multi-year Development Plan.
- PUBLICITY – Coordinate messages communicated via Instagram, Facebook, and other social media. Generate press coverage.
- NEW INITIATIVES – Create and implement new initiatives such as alumni and community events (in cooperation with current efforts, which include alumni picnic, alumni activities such as bowling, alumni panel, and alumni parent panel), peer-to-peer fundraising campaign, young professionals support groups, alumni, or parent workshops on topics of interest, and other sponsored events.
- OPERATIONS & OTHER – Manage data entry (Salesforce.com), maintain email and other distribution channels (Constant Contact), attend and support Development Committee meetings, attend Board meetings as requested by the ED, generate tax receipts and acknowledgement letters, work with ED to develop outreach initiatives, keep ED informed of principal issues and actions concerning development and fundraising, and stay up to date on fundraising techniques and trends.
- COORDINATE EFFORTS WITH DEVELOPMENT TEAM – The team includes the Executive Director, development support (part-time WCC employee with knowledge of the organization and technical competence), Grant Writer (contractor), and Office Manager.
- Must embrace our mission
- Minimum three years senior level experience in non-profit development
- Network of prospective supporters and development professionals
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to motivate and coordinate volunteers
- Team player
- Positive attitude
- Self-motivated/take initiative
- Excellent follow-through
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with or ability to learn Salesforce.com, Greater Giving fundraising system, Wordpress, Microsoft Office, Outlook, Foundation Directory Online, Facebook, Instagram, desktop publishing and/or similar tools
- Honesty and integrity
- Responsible steward of confidential information