The 1199SEIU Benefit & Pension Funds provide comprehensive health, pension, and quality of life benefits to unionized workers represented by 1199SEIU United Healthcare Workers East. We are among the largest labor-management funds in the nation, covering 400,000 members and their families.
If you’re ready for the brightest career future, join us in this excellent opportunity to showcase your talents. We are currently seeking an experienced Social Worker (Behavior Health) for our Worksite Wellness – Clinical department.
- Assist members (in person or telephonically) with a variety of problems such as but not limited to depression, anxiety, substance use, mental health issues, family and child problems, job jeopardy, etc.
- Provide assessment, referrals and follow-up as well as collaborate with treating teams to develop, plan and manage treatment
- Provide on-going support/interventions for members who have been admitted for psychiatric, detox and rehabilitation
- Provide prior authorization for Intensive Outpatient and Partial Hospitalization levels of care as needed
- Assist in the development of outreach seminars and conduct outreach seminars to members in institutions on a variety of psychosocial topics such as Anger Management and Stress Management
- Participate in various psycho-educational events such as Healthy Body Healthy Mind Workshop, Pre-Retirement Seminars for example
- Monitor and record client progress; maintain accurate case records as required by Fund, Departmental guidelines
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned by management
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or equivalent years of experience required; New York State License (LMSW or LCSW) required
- Minimum two (2) years post graduate experience in direct social work required
- Bilingual in a second language preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends
- Excellent written, listening, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of community resources, and treatment options coupled with good clinical skills in order to determine interventions needed, including which level of care is appropriate at a particular time
- Knowledge of the range of treatment options for Mental Health/Substance Abuse including Intensive Outpatient and Partial Hospitalization and community resources
- Excellent clinical social work skills and ethics
- Must have the ability to exercise judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good work habits and relationships, maintaining the confidentiality of the position in all dealings
- Ability to work well under pressure, maintains composure, multi-task, establish priorities, meet deadlines and follow through on assignments
We offer a competitive salary, an excellent fully employer-paid comprehensive benefits package and talented professional colleagues. For consideration and to apply, please visit us at https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=NBF1199&cws=1&rid=8214. Please mention you saw this ad in Idealist. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.