ASHA’s vision focuses on promoting communication, a basic human right that should be accessible and achievable to all. The Social Media Manager is responsible for planning and implementing ASHA’s social media and online community strategies to help support that vision. The individual in this key position will develop social media management initiatives to engage ASHA members, educate the public, strengthen ASHA's brand and promote ASHA products and services.
1. Lead the development and maintenance of ASHA’s overall social media strategy.
2. Maintain and monitor ASHA’s social media policies and guidelines.
3. Facilitate ASHA’s participation in external social networks (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and LinkedIn).
4. Strategize and consult with ASHA staff and members about how to leverage relevant social media tools and techniques into their programs and services.
5. Measure the effectiveness of ASHA’s social media efforts.
6. Monitor coverage of ASHA in external social media sites.
7. Provide first line review of customer service issues discovered on social media sites and triage the appropriate response with ASHA staff.
8. Facilitate an internal Social Media Liaison team that supports ASHA’s social media strategy.
9. Keep up-to-date on the latest trends and best practices in social media.
10. Create video and graphic content as needed.
· B.A. / B.S.
· Relevant professional experience in social media and web editing and writing
· Continuing education or coursework in online community and social media strategy
· 2-3 years of professional experience in online community and/or social media management
· 5 years of related professional experience in communications
· In-depth experience using social media for organizational communication and community engagement
· Experience using a social media management tool (e.g., Sprout Social, HootSuite, etc.)
· Experience with Windows operating system, Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), and e-mail/calendaring software
· Demonstrated excellence in web writing and editing
· Basic video/photo editing and graphics creation
· Ability to assumes a leadership role in facilitating social media strategy
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Ability to work independently and anticipate next steps
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously
· Attention to detail
· Excellent communication skills including the ability to convey complex ideas in clear and understandable prose and speech
ASHA’s vision focuses on promoting communication, a basic human right that should be accessible and achievable to all. The Social Media Manager is responsible for planning and implementing ASHA’s social media and online…