Details: Base Salary + Commission
1330 Braddock Place, 4th Floor
** Competitive base salary plus unlimited commission structure
** Ability to travel up to 75% required
Close Up Foundation is a non-profit organization that delivers cutting-edge civic education programs to students and teachers from throughout the United States. By becoming a Sales Representative, you will play a crucial role in Close Up‘s mission of inspiring students to become more effective and informed citizens.
You will be tasked with building networks and relationships with educators and community leaders to increase participation in Close Up’s Washington, DC-based programs. You will work within a defined territory, and by phone calls, emails, and travel to in-person meetings you will forge connections with school districts and community organizations to achieve planned participation goals. Your role at Close Up will directly affect our impact on youth nationwide. Every day brings something new, and training is provided to ensure you succeed!
- Actively manage and grow a dedicated territory that includes a large, pre-existing network of customers.
- Prospect and identify new schools and organizations through a variety of generation activities; including cold calls, in-person meetings, etc.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with current and new accounts; cultivating respect, support, and business partnerships.
- Maintain a deep understanding of Close Up and our offerings through interdepartmental communication and training.
- Achieve and exceed annual objectives and quotas.
A successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- Ability to travel
- Exceptional relationship building skills both internally and externally
- Sales experience, education experience, or any similar related experience
- High level of ownership, accountability, and initiative
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
** Competitive base salary plus unlimited commission structure **
Health and Dental Insurance, 403(b) Retirement Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts, Vacation & Sick Leave, Short/Long-term and Life/AD&D Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, On-site Gym, Free Parking, Metro Subsidy, Metro Accessible Location (Braddock Road), Casual Attire, Great Colleagues.
When the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit résumé AND cover letter, please.
Close Up Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics.
We encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply. People of color and women are encouraged to apply.
Thank you for your interest in employment with Close Up. You will be contacted if your qualifications are a good match and you are selected for an interview.