2130 McDonald Avenue
Our Jewish non-profit organization located in South Brooklyn, is looking for a strong Senior Accountant. The ideal candidate is a strong Accounting professional with several years of experience looking for the next step in his/her career.
The Senior Accountant assists the Director of Finance with the financial affairs of the organization and is primarily responsible for ensuring all financial information is appropriately and accurately recorded in the accounting system as well as the maintenance and analysis of the underlying general ledgers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare journal entries for daily deposits in Quickbooks.
- Enter payroll run from payroll provider into Quickbooks
- Perform account analyses, allocations, and monthly bank reconciliations
- Maintain fixed assets list and account for depreciation
- Prepare monthly and quarterly balance sheet general ledger account reconciliations
- Ensure the accuracy and consistency of data for accounts payable, accounts receivable and the general ledger.
- Assist with year-end closing and support the annual audit process
- Prepare month end variance reports
- Assist in the preparation and timely delivery of requested financial reports
- Assist Director of Finance with special projects.
- Assist in the annual Form 990 preparation and filing
Required skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- Minimum 5+ years’ work experience in audit and accounting with a concentration in non-profit accounting. CPA license is a plus.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Quickbooks (or similar Accounting software) and analytical skills
- Knowledge of federal, state and local financial regulations
- Proven organizational skills with extremely strong attention to all details.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Minimum Education Required