331 E. 70th Street
Lenox Hill Neighborhood House, widely recognized as one of New York’s premier human services providers, is a 124-year-old settlement house that provides an extensive array of effective and integrated services--social, educational, legal, health, housing, mental health, nutritional and fitness--which significantly improve the lives of 15,000 people in need each year, ages 3 to 103, on the East Side of Manhattan. Our constituents include older adults, homeless and formerly homeless adults, children and families, recent immigrants, disabled persons, adult learners and thousands more. Our programs--staffed by social workers, educators, public interest lawyers, Social Workers, advocates and many, many others--include an Early Childhood Center, RealArts After School Program and Summer Camp, Women’s Mental Health Shelter, permanent supportive housing residence, two Senior Centers, social adult day program, Geriatric Care Management for frail seniors, Food Services, Legal Advocacy Department, Visual and Performing Arts, Fitness & Aquatics, Adult Education and more. For more information on Lenox Hill Neighborhood House, please visit our website at www.lenoxhill.org.
We are now seeking Per Diem Substitute Program Aides for the CARE Program, our day program for older adults living with Alzheimer’s Disease and other forms of Dementia. This award-winning program provides a warm, safe and stimulating environment to clients who suffer from a range of various cognitive impairments. Drawing on a person-centered approach, the CARE program offers high quality socialization services and respite to their caregivers and families. CARE is open Monday through Friday from 9:30am to 2:30pm and increases participant engagement through pet assisted therapy, music and art therapy and a nostalgia film series. CARE participants also join in on storytelling, weekly poetry and group discussions to increase self-understanding and acceptance. A light breakfast and a nutritious lunch are served each day.
- Provide direct services including monitoring participants during programming, serving and assisting participants at mealtime, helping to orient new participants to the program, escorting participants to and from bathrooms and assistance with toileting; if necessary, escorting and assisting participants with boarding and exiting of transportation vehicles.
- Monitor program space to ensure cleanliness and safety at all times and manage inventories to ensure that supplies are adequately stocked and used appropriately.
- Lead small group activities for program participants under supervision of Program Director.
- Work cooperatively with program staff and volunteers to ensure quality service provision.
- Help to create a warm and supportive environment for participants and caregivers.
The successful Per Diem Substitute Program Aide possesses a high school diploma or equivalent and experience working with older adults. S/he should possess excellent interpersonal skills and must be comfortable working well with people with diverse cognitive and physical abilities and their families. The Per Diem Substitute Program Aide will work during the hours of 9:15am to 2:45pm Monday through Friday at $20/hour.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume and list of references to: CareHiring@lenoxhill.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No telephone calls please.