Social Worker, Preventive Services (Bronx)
- Job posted by New Alternatives for Children of New York City
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. (NAC) is an award-winning not-for-profit agency in Midtown Manhattan, with a satellite Bronx office, dedicated to serving children and families with medical complexities, disabilities, chronic illnesses and behavioral challenges. To assist us in achieving this mission, NAC is currently seeking a Social Worker in our Prevention Program (Bronx location) who is committed to keeping children safe and families intact. The Prevention Program is designed to deliver a range of clinical, case management and supportive services with the goal of ensuring that families receive appropriate support to meet their children’s physical, developmental, educational, social/emotional, and mental health needs. The ideal candidate will be strength-based, trauma-informed, culturally competent and committed to family preservation and resilience. This is a home and community-based program so the candidate must be flexible with the ability to work independently and flex their hours to meet the needs of youth and parents. This position offers a highly rewarding opportunity to build strong relationships with at-risk families and an exciting opportunity to be part of an innovative multidisciplinary team comprised of pediatricians, nurses, psychiatrists, psychologists, educational, recreation, resource specialists, and more!
Title: Social Worker
Department: Special Medical/Developmental Prevention Services
Location: Bronx Site
1775 Grand Concourse, 7th Floor
Bronx, NY 10453
1. Provides casework and clinical services to children and families utilizing individual and family modalities. Coordinates services for a caseload of 10-11 families as recommended by NAC’s multi-disciplinary treatment team.
2. Provides intensive social work services to children and families in order to implement the goals and tasks of the Family Assessment and Service Plan (FASP).
3. Conducts home and community-based visits to families.
4. Ensures adherence to agency policies and ACS regulatory requirements.
5. Makes adequate use of individual and group supervision, on-site clinical trainings and mental health in-services. Group supervision offered for those working toward clinical licensure.
6. Completes ACS and NAC paperwork in a timely manner and ensures that documentation conforms to agency, city and state regulatory requirements.
7. Works collaboratively with psychiatrists, psychologists, pediatricians, nurses, education specialists and fellow social workers in a dynamic, strength-based interdisciplinary team model.
1.MSW or MHC from an accredited school; LMSW or LMHC required within 6 months of employment.
2. Proficiency in Spanish is preferred (and includes a salary differential)
3. Prior experience in preventive services, child welfare, and/or health care preferred.
4. Work hours generally 9-5; but may require one evening or more for clients who need to be seen after 5 p.m.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please indicate "Social Worker, Prevention Services (Bronx)" in the subject line when applying. Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Mary Ann Code
Human Resources Department
New Alternatives for Children
37 West 26th Street, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10010
To learn more about New Alternatives for Children, Inc., please visit our website: www.nackidscan.org
“WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY”