Details: Commensurate with experience.
The incumbent is responsible to provide basic technical support of desktop computers, telephones, peripherals, applications, and related technology. Answers user PC and software questions, and troubleshooting hardware and software applications. The IT support specialist will work to ensure that NCHC’s Information Technology team continues to provide high levels of response to all employees
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following as well as other duties that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals to perform the essential duties of this job.
- Installs, configures and upgrades PC’s, and related client software.
- Respond to the needs and questions of network users concerning their access to network resources.
- Help Investigate new hardware and software solutions for the organization.
- Provide help desk support to network/PC users.
- Provide helpdesk support and resolve problems to the end user's satisfaction.
- Assist end-users in person and remotely with various hardware and software issues.
- Smartphones, tablets and laptops; set up and provide support for all company equipment.
- Contact/organize printer servicing/repair as needed. Support and train end-user on printers.
- Assist in other IT related tasks as delegated by the CIO.
- Ability to travel to all NCHC sites (within an 15-20 mins.) to provide on-site support.
- Weekend on-call duty required to provide technical issues support.
- There are no supervisory responsibilities for this job.
- BA / BS Degree in Information Technology or related area.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in LAN and WAN network environment and handling hardware and software upgrades, troubleshooting, help desk.
- Possesses a solid understanding of IT hardware.
- Some knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7, and/or 10
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Self-Starter and able to tackle tasks with minimum supervision. Ability to work independently.
- Thrive in working in a fast paced environment, multi-task and demonstrate flexibility.
- Ability to learn quickly in a high pace, challenging environment.
- Experience working in a healthcare setting using an EMR preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to us via email or fax at 973-677-1590