550 POST AVENUE
Westbury Friends School seeks a full time Early Childhood Head Teacher who is responsible, energetic, motivated, and innovative.
The early childhood program at Westbury Friends School is a wonderful mix of academic learning that is both challenging and developmentally appropriate and social experiences whereby students gain competence and confidence. The classroom offers multiple opportunities for exploration and discovery through varied hands-on interest areas. These learning activities allow for independent pursuits and/or group interaction. The social, physical, intellectual, creative, emotional, and spiritual development of each child is an integral part of the overall program, as children grow and achieve according to their levels, strengths and abilities.
Head Teacher Responsibilities include:
- Design and maintain a classroom environment that facilitates active, hands-on learning, group management, self-expression and choice, cultural diversity and inclusion of all children.
- Encourage play, and growth in all areas of development: social, emotional, cognitive, language, physical, and more.
- Adapt curriculum based on special needs, learning styles, interest and growth.
- Design and write and execute short and long term schedules which include small/large groups, formal/informal activities as well as teacher/child directed activities.
- Assess whole child’s development daily through anecdotal records, work samples, checklists, attendance records and other documents and records.
- Attend training and other professional development activities. (May include traveling)
- Communicate with, supervise, assess, and mentor teaching assistant.
- Be professional and kind in interactions with children, co-workers, and families.
Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood or Childhood Education, Child Development, or a related field with NYS teaching certificate in General and Special Education Birth-2nd Grade. At least two years of lead teacher experience in a classroom necessary.
The hours are 8:00 am – 3:30 pm Monday – Friday. This is a 10 month position.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a cover letter including desired salary and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.