**Now offering a $2,000 Sign-On Payment plus $2,000 Relocation Assistance!**
Who is Youth Villages?
Youth Villages is a nonprofit organization striving to help troubled youth and families live successfully. We are a team of 3,000 individuals who’ve come together across 13 states to change the landscape of child welfare and juvenile justice across the country. Our work involves providing an array of counseling and treatment services to youth with severe emotional and behavioral problems.
Eighty-four percent of those who go through treatment are succeeding two years after leaving our program. These youth are living at home, remaining in school, and are not experiencing trouble with the law.
We believe strongly in investing in and supporting our employees. We offer candidates opportunities to develop a career and be part of a positive change in our country’s treatment of at-risk youth and families.
Can I see myself here?
We have found our staff succeeds at Youth Villages when they:
- Are passionate about social services and dedicated to helping at-risk youth and families
- Value feedback and accountability
- Value the collaboration that comes from working on a team and thrive working on their own
- Enjoy variety in their schedule and not sitting behind a desk all day
- Are results and detailed oriented
- Have a sense of humor and find creative ways to implement ideas
- Value a strength-based treatment approach
- Can change priorities quickly
- Are looking for more than just a job
How will I make a difference?
- Providing in-home counseling services for at-risk youth and families
- Managing a small case load of four to six families to provide quality counseling
- Meeting with youth and families three times weekly to address each family’s needs
- Providing after hours support to youth and families through being on-call to personal caseloads Monday-Friday and rotating weekend and overnight on-call duties
- Collaborating with youth, family, teachers, and other community members working towards the success of the youth; that could be attending court or meeting with teachers; it depends on what your families’ needs are in any given week
- Providing a strengths-based approach utilizing counseling and social work skills
- Attend three weekly meetings (individual, team, and clinical consultation) for professional development to help enhance clinical skills
Schedule is flexible and non-traditional; based around the availability of youth and families served.
Applicants must have a valid driver’s license, a personal vehicle to use for work purposes and auto insurance.
Community Based staff will be reimbursed for applicable mileage
How can I be considered for the position?
You can be considered for this position if you meet the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in social services field is preferred, Bachelor's degree in social services field is required; degrees that can be considered include: social work, drug and alcohol education or counseling, psychology, criminal justice, guidance counseling, or marriage and family therapy. Other degrees will have to be evaluated further to determine if they meet the qualifications.
- Experience working with at-risk youth and/or families in a volunteer, internship, or paid position; clinical experience is preferred
- Willingness/desire to maintain an untraditional schedule
- Strong writing skills and experience with electronic documentation
- Acceptable driving record- Two or fewer moving violations within the past 36 months
How will you invest in me?
One of our core values is that we are committed to our staff. We will help you take your career with us wherever you want it to go.
We offer staff:
- Affordable access to medical, prescription, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Tuition Reimbursement and Licensure Supervision
- Priority consideration for leadership openings throughout the organization
- Mileage and cell phone reimbursement
- Retirement savings pension plan and a 403(b) and FSA
- Paid time off: Two weeks for vacation, 10 paid holidays, and 12 sick days annually
- Supportive leadership and coworkers
Are you ready to make difference? Apply now!
Minimum Education Required