Assistant Director, Memory Center (Bilingual English/Spanish required)
- Job posted by Riverstone Senior Life Services
99 Ft. Washington Avenue
Riverstone's Memory Center has been providing Adult Day Services for people with memory loss since 1986. It is the only program of its kind that offers a dual-language program (Spanish and English).
The Assistant Director works directly with Director making sure that clients with memory loss are receiving the best services and care, coordinates and participates in individualized care planning, care plan review meetings and making sure all programmatic requirements are met.
The Assistant Director position also includes direct supervision of program staff, and coordinates all program activities involved with the safe and effective operation of the Memory Center. The Assistant Director will also be involved in doing some intakes and outreach and case assistance.
Master or Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field of Human Services. Experience running programs, working with clients and supervising staff roles and responsibilities; works well with people, detail oriented and well organized, works well under pressure, can prioritize, highly motivated, can work independently, shows initiative and has leadership qualities. Be able to communicate well in both English and Spanish.
· Work with the Director to sustain and uphold the mission in order to cultivate a safe and productive environment in the Adult Day Care Program and Services.
· Direct supervision of program staff, interns, and consultants.
· Coordinate with the administrative, Social Work and program staff to ensure that families receive all necessary help with entitlement applications and other services, which they may need.
· Coordinates all program activities involved with the safety and effective operation of the Memory Center.
· Coordinates and supervise the individualized care plans in conjunction with the Program Director
· In conjunction with the Administrative Assistant coordinate and maintain client’s records, which include, filing, and data entry, maintain statistics as required (SOFA), program attendance, transportation, monthly inventory, PEER Place program, and case notes.
· Together with the Social Worker; Intakes and follow-up referrals to the Program
· Plan, prepare and facilitate recreational activities which include: Art & Craft, Music, Cognitive & Physical Exercises, Group discussions, etc.
· Coordinate work of the program leaders, program assistants and volunteers.
· Provide training and guidance for all program staff that will provide helpful skills as well as any necessary training needed to be in accordance with the city/state requirements
· Maintain staff training records and Medical updates
· Community outreach and education seminars regarding Alzheimer`s disease and related disorders.
· Lead support group for caregivers
· Document any incident(s), where client(s) or staff may be in an inappropriate or dangerous situation.
· Document all contact with client and their caregiver.
· Respond to client`s and staff needs
· Coordinate programming in the absence of the Memory Center Director under the Supervision of the Executive Director.
· Other tasks related to the successful functioning of the Memory Center, as determined by the Director.
4 weeks vacation
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual Spanish/English is ESSENTIAL.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter:
Executive Director Ilana Dunner, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, no phone calls.