Therapy and Learning Center, Inc. (TLC), a Committee on Preschool Special Education (CPSE) center-based program, is seeking a full time Behavioral Support Supervisor. This role will be providing direct supervision, clinical training, and support to Classroom Teachers, Certified Teacher Assistants, and 1:1 Teacher Aides. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of ten (10) years of early childhood special education teaching and supervisory experience.
Essential Job Function & Responsibilities:
Provide ongoing supports for the behavioral needs of students:
- Support initial and ongoing behavioral data collection
- Participate in functional behavior analyses (FBAs) and the development of behavior intervention plans (BIPs)
- Provide consultation for implementation of BIPs
- Schedule and participate in BIP meetings
- Supervise paraprofessionals in implementation of positive behavioral supports for individual children
Evaluate student progress:
- Analyze behavioral data to monitor student progress
- Summarize and present behavioral data during BIP review meetings
- Make suggestions to support student progress based on data analysis
Monitor and provide support for staff in use of behavioral support strategies and procedures:
- Provide instructional support to classroom teachers in overseeing the delivery of behavioral support services and lesson planning
- Support initial curriculum-based assessment and development of appropriate teaching goals and strategies based on individual student needs
- Provide modeling and consultation for implementation of behavioral support strategies
- Monitor and support ongoing staff implementation of behavioral support strategies
- Monitor and support data collection related to behavioral support teaching goals and strategies
- Monitor, support, and revise behavioral support teaching goals and strategies based on student progress
Program and IEP Development:
- Oversight of IEP records primarily for students in 8:1:2 classrooms.
- Assist in implementation of PBIS school-wide social behavior model.
- Consult with CPSE Administrators to ensure appropriate placement for students.
- Oversee all aspects of IEP development, assessments and progress reports in conjunction with the Education Director and Clinical Coordinator.
- Assure that instruction modifications are met/updated during classroom instruction.
- Oversee the development, tracking, dissemination and proper implementation of IEP mandated accommodations for students.
- Contribute to school responses to complaints or Due Process Hearings.
- Work directly with parents, as needed, to answer questions and ensure that all school actions are in compliance, and are in the interest of maximizing the student learning in the Least Restrictive Environment.
- Provide informal screening of new enrollments and work with the Education Director reviewing student packets and assuring proper placement in the program.
- Attend IEP and Turning 5 meetings as necessary.
- Work with the Clinical Coordinator to ensure consistency and quality of instruction across disciplines.
- Perform other related duties as communicated by the Education Director to meet ongoing or future needs of TLC.
TLC offers a comprehensive benefit package to all full time employees which includes but is not limited to:
- Health insurance options through Oxford United Health available on your first day of employment;
- Dental and vision insurance;
- Generous Health Reimbursement Account (HRA);
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA);
- 403(b) retirement savings plan;
- Pre-tax commuter benefits;
- Company-sponsored life insurance plan;
- Supplemental life/disability/accident insurance options;
- Professional Development;
- 12 Paid Sick/Personal Days accrued each year