60 Lincoln Center Plaza
Description: The Program Manager for EDIB Initiatives is an administrative position to bolster Juilliard’s efforts to widen the pool of talented candidates from underrepresented communities for the school as well as the larger performing arts field. As directed by the President’s office, will develop and implement new programs, policies, and initiatives, and create partnerships to extend the institution’s reach and impact. Works closely with colleagues across the institution to ensure that Juilliard is an inclusive and supportive environment.
- Create and implement strategies, working closely with colleagues across the institution, to recruit and support talented students, faculty, and staff from underrepresented communities, and collaborate with colleagues (including but not limited to enrollment management, human resources, provost and dean’s office, and public affairs) to build consensus around EDIB initiatives.
- Manage new programs with external institutions to cultivate a network of collaborators and partners who will support Juilliard’s efforts to become a more inclusive institution and to expand the impact of its EDIB initiatives across the performing arts field.
- Coordinate activities and meetings with stakeholder groups (including faculty, staff, students, and alumni), working with the Assistant Dean for International Advisement and Diversity Initiatives, to communicate Juilliard’s goals surrounding EDIB, identify key issues to address, and facilitate open dialogue around issues of EDIB.
- Collect and analyze data through surveys, focus group conversations, and an examination of best practices from other institutions to identify barriers and inform strategies for EDIB initiatives.
- Work closely with internal and external partners and consultants to ensure coordinated goals and efforts across the institution.
- Maintain metrics and other records of EDIB activities to benchmark our work and measure ongoing progress.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Sensitivity and passion for the specific field of equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging
- Experience producing complex events with highly developed organizational skills and the ability to take an idea from inception to completion
- Experience developing successful partnerships and creating and implementing new programs
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects concurrently
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written, as well as technical, research and analytical skills.
- Must be able to represent the institution well to various constituencies, with the ability to work and succeed independently and as part of a team.
- Must demonstrate excellent judgment
- Demonstrated interest and experience in the arts
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission of The Juilliard School
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The Juilliard School has an ongoing commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusiveness throughout the community and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of the School's administration.
To apply, please click on the following link: https://goo.gl/XPC44r